Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Well done Marc.

The only player who provided any sort of quality on the ball. Skinned Evra a few times and crossed in some quality crosses into the box.

He was also the only player who actually knew what he wanted to do on the ball, and was driving at their players which made them back off.

Deserves more starts,

This is the key part for key. All our other players seemed to play with no objective in mind.

• Like 1

The only player today who can come out with any credit. He was determined to make things happen and trying to drive forward whenever he had the ball. I'd be disappointed if he aint a regular from now as Weimann has been off form for a long time now.

Absolutely fantastic to read the positive comments

I've never understood the criticism Albrighton received.

Like most flair players, he needs a run & his confidence boosting. Would also add that he probably needs moulding a bit into the way we play & the ethos on work ethic. An out & out winger is not enough. Marc needs to pick up on the work rate that players like Milner, Young & Weiman put in. If he can do this, we could have some player on our hands.

frustrating waste of 2 years as this lad clearly has it & now needs game time

Absolutely fantastic to read the positive comments

I've never understood the criticism Albrighton received.

Like most flair players, he needs a run & his confidence boosting. Would also add that he probably needs moulding a bit into the way we play & the ethos on work ethic. An out & out winger is not enough. Marc needs to pick up on the work rate that players like Milner, Young & Weiman put in. If he can do this, we could have some player on our hands.

frustrating waste of 2 years as this lad clearly has it & now needs game time

I too have never understood the criticism; he's had an injury plagued few years and this doesn't help.

He was direct today and it's a change from our players not knowing what to do with the ball to Marc who tried to. It amazes me how most of our players cannot seem to do the simple things right such as pass the ball accurately!

Did fine.

Still a big ask for him to get back to 10/11 when he was good week in week out for 3 months.

With Gabby out, I imagine we'll go with Kozak and Benteke at the Britannia next week. It's not going to be pretty but with those two we need someone to cross so Albrighton and Lowton down the right gives us that at least.

Yep but he will play weimann an probably bacuna. Delph will also be back

What are you basing this on? Neither Weimann nor Bacuna started today so why would they start on Saturday over Albrighton?

I'm just basing that on Lambert preferring to play players he brought to the club

What are you basing this on? Neither Weimann nor Bacuna started today so why would they start on Saturday over Albrighton?

I'm just basing that on Lambert preferring to play players he brought to the club

Like Delph, Clark, Baker, Weimann and Gabby?

• Like 1

But that isn't exactly true though. Weimann has been starting over Tonev, Delph will always start over one of KEA/Westwood/Sylla (and rightly so) and again Albrighton started today.

Lambert was praising Albrighton after the game and almost everybody is in agreement that he played well today so the idea that Albrighton will be dropped next week is a pretty strange one.

Like Delph, Clark, Baker, Weimann and Gabby?

Besides delph they All came through the youth team

Even still weimann delph baker hadn't been playing loads of football before he came.

Â