Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Still doesn't look good enough for me.

We need better.

Long term yes I agree John. But imo,at this moment in time, he is the best option the club has in that wide right position.

Did more in 20 minutes than wiemann did all game.

If it was Andi who didn't get that one shot off, or blundered that one-on-one, he would've been cruzified here.

Albrighton is not a goal scorer, that's for sure.

Other than that, ok sub.

Edited by AVTuco

Had written this kid off a number of months ago. Pleasantly surprised with his mini-comeback. Can't see him being a Villa regular but a decent squad player and Villa through and through so hopefully he'll continue to play well enough to stay with us for many a year.

I can forgive players who miss easy chances when the ball is flying in at great speed from a cross or when the ball is in the air but a one-on-one allows you time to control the ball and compose yourself. To not even get it on target is unforgivable and as someone said it was actually at the end of a great passing move from us.

Very lucky boy Sunderland are bobbins.

He had loads of space late on. I'd still have Weimann over him myself. 

Why? Albrighton has offered more since he has been back than Weimann has all season. Albrighton should start over Weimann in the league IMO.

He had loads of space late on. I'd still have Weimann over him myself.

Why? Albrighton has offered more since he has been back than Weimann has all season. Albrighton should start over Weimann in the league IMO.

I'm still banking on Andi to make a comeback in quality. Albrighton is what he is, but he won't score any goals, I think today confirmed that. He is what he has shown already, whereas Andi can be something more. Especially if Benteke turns the corner.

Â