Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Yep but he will play weimann an probably bacuna. Delph will also be back

What are you basing this on? Neither Weimann nor Bacuna started today so why would they start on Saturday over Albrighton?

I'm just basing that on Lambert preferring to play players he brought to the club

But that isn't exactly true though. Weimann has been starting over Tonev, Delph will always start over one of KEA/Westwood/Sylla (and rightly so) and again Albrighton started today.

Lambert was praising Albrighton after the game and almost everybody is in agreement that he played well today so the idea that Albrighton will be dropped next week is a pretty strange one.

It's just my feeling. I would be happy to be proved wrong

But what is this feeling based on?

I based this on Lambert removing every player except delph who wasn't brought by him or came through the youth

Albrighton should be playing since he's the only proper winger abd we have 4 big strikers

I based this on Lambert removing every player except delph who wasn't brought by him or came through the youth

Albrighton should be playing since he's the only proper winger abd we have 4 big strikers

Except as has already been explained this isn't the case. For starters, Albrighton wouldn't have started today if that were true.

Except as has already been explained this isn't the case. For starters, Albrighton wouldn't have started today if that were true.
It is IMO

I look at the squad and all I see is delph who wasn't brought by pl the rest are from the academy

It is IMO

I look at the squad and all I see is delph who wasn't brought by pl the rest are from the academy

But it isn't though.

Doesn't matter if they are from the academy. They're all players that were here and playing before Lambert came along. Some of Lambert's selections are questionable but it's ridiculous to suggest that he's deliberately not picking players because he didn't sign them. Besides, most of the non-academy pre-Lambert signings are gone.

• Like 1

I'm really happy that Marc is playing again. I've watched him since he first broke into the reserves and I love his commitment and the fact that he poses awkward questions for opposing defenders. He's different and talented and if he had another yard of pace in him he would probably attract interest from top teams (imo).

If you look at my signature you'll see that I've loved MA for years (not in a gay way honest!)

Gary Gardner is another who I totally believe in and I see him playing regularly alongside Delph in the reasonably near future.

Things might not look too good at the moment but …. keep believing. I will. UTV!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

One woeful finish aside, I thought Albrighton had a decent game today. Stretched the game when needed and looked really lively. Well done Mark.

To be fair, that shot was inches wide. He had to try to sneak it in near post, but I don't know why he decided to power it. Good game from him though. If we stick with the 4-4-2, he should be starting. 

Â