Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I think he needs to get a bit more ego and confidence into his own game. Also he's got the body of a 14 year old so he needs to spend more time in the gym if he's ever going to make it in the Premier League.

I really really like the guy and he seems to love Villa so I hope he comes good next season!

I think anyone claiming albrighton had a great first season must have only watched the first 3 months under houllier and then switched off.

I would hope with the new approach the club is taking and the increase in television money that we don't have to rely on the likes of albrighton at any point during the season.

I would much rather give the opportunity to some of the young players coming through than hope that a man who isn't up to this level of football somehow comes good.

Wingers tend to get found out very quickly. As soon as defenders know their strengths and weaknesses they have to adapt unless they have ridiculous pace. Look at Sterling at Liverpool he looked great earlier in the season, but disappeared, does he have enough to get through that? We don't know yet, but he seems to have a lot more in the locker than Marc.

I always thought Marc would be a stayer because he could deliver a decent ball, but that went with his confidence.

I get irked at your constant negativity throughout your posts, but that's a different point.

I'm trying to be balanced and well reasoned rather than make a decision because I genuinely have no idea if he'll make it. But as I said, he deserves one more season to put forward his case. That's all my point was the whole time.

Stefan, youre pissin in the wind here mate:-

• First youre adamant he shouldn't be sold
  •  
  • Then you offer no reason why you think he will come good
  •  
  • Then your own expectations of him are so low, youre not sure if he will get games under lambert
  •  
  • Then say if he doesn't get games next season we should sell him (Yet if an offer came in now , we absolutley shouldn't sell him)

I can't  see any reason why Albrighton should come good now. He did well for a few months under mcdonald\houllier, poor under mcleish, and has hardley featured under Lambert. If a player who has done so little in 3 years can justify a squad place, then anyone can.

• Like 1

His best shot is to drop down a division to a Championship club and try and establish himself similar to how Whittingham did it. I think we should give one of the younger lads a chance ahead of him next season.

His best shot is to drop down a division to a Championship club and try and establish himself similar to how Whittingham did it. I think we should give one of the younger lads a chance ahead of him next season.

Exactly.If we could get a few hundred grand for him, then everyone is a winner.

We lose nothing in loaning him out to a Championship club, just look at Delfouneso, 6 goals in 40 odd games, and he scored 2 in his first game, he's better off getting game time somewhere else than sitting on the bench or playing for the reserves here. Marc had a great cross on him when he first came on the scene, he probably hasn't produced a semi decent cross in about 2 and a half years. While I can see both sides have valid points in the debate of whether or not we should hang onto him a loan deal is probably the best option.

Surely the recent form of both Delph (after nearly four years in the doldrums), and Gabby shows that anyone that as shown some ability has the potential to turn things around - particulalrly under the current regime. There are no issues with his attitude so I reckon Lambert will give a chance next season if he can stay fit.

If his attitude is right, I've no reason to believe it isn't, he will come good again. I think he's a good player with lots to offer.

Pretty sure his attitude is right. For me the problem is ability. I would looking to offload Albrighton, He can't keep getting buy of what he did for half a season getting on for 4 years ago.

If his attitude is right, I've no reason to believe it isn't, he will come good again. I think he's a good player with lots to offer.

Pretty sure his attitude is right. For me the problem is ability. I would looking to offload Albrighton, He can't keep getting buy of what he did for half a season getting on for 4 years ago.

4 years ago!?

4 years ago!?

OK 3 years ago, that still doesn't redeem him though does it ?

Surely the recent form of both Delph (after nearly four years in the doldrums), and Gabby shows that anyone that as shown some ability has the potential to turn things around - particulalrly under the current regime. There are no issues with his attitude so I reckon Lambert will give a chance next season if he can stay fit.

Nail on head. Much too early to write him off just yet. I dont think he's ever gonna be a world beater but If he can get some confidence ( which lambert appears to give players ) then at the least he's a different option off the bench to what we currently have

Surely the recent form of both Delph (after nearly four years in the doldrums), and Gabby shows that anyone that as shown some ability has the potential to turn things around - particulalrly under the current regime. There are no issues with his attitude so I reckon Lambert will give a chance next season if he can stay fit.

Delph and gabby are both players with ability who were struggling with form.

Albrighton isn't good enough and he's not all of a sudden going to be good enough.

He's far too limited a player and just isn't good enough for premiership level.

Delph and gabby are both players with ability who were struggling with form.

Albrighton isn't good enough and he's not all of a sudden going to be good enough.

He's far too limited a player and just isn't good enough for premiership level.

Yep I agree with that. I remember many a game where my heart would sink whenever I saw him on the team sheet.

A lot of young players come in and make a short term impact, I like Marc a lot, really cares about the Villa and never let anyone down in terms of work rate.

Got found out quite quickly though and doesnt have the weapons to get over that.

A stint in the championship would do him well, try to rebuild that confidence

If there was a saving grace for him, it would be that he needs to focus on the one thing he used to do somewhat well.

Just focus on crossing the ball and stop trying to be something else. He's not going to dribble past anyone nor is he going to just knock it ahead with a burst of pace. Get the ball, focus on putting in a good cross and he could still be a useful squad player.

But I don't see much more than that for him unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

He has apparently cut his holiday short to be fit for pre-season. I think he has the mentality to be a player for Villa but his confidence always seems very fragile. One mistake and it seems the game is over for him.

It's up to him now. If he has a good pre-season and has the confidence he is a good player. I hope he manages to squeeze himself in to the team because he's Villa through and through. I know many here don't rate him but I think he can still be a good player for us. Maybe wishful thinking but he appears to have the mentality to work hard to get back into the team. That's something not all players have.

• Like 1

He's been great in the past and in some games unplayable. Is he consistent? No, not really. He's very much a confidence player but reading about him putting in loads of optional training and cutting his holiday short then fair play to him. He does have the quality in him. We've seen it against teams like Utd or his goal against Fulham. He needs to access that ability a lot more often which I think we'd all agree.

I honestly believe Lambert will give him a chance to earn his contract extension this season. Albrighton can do it. He at the moment seems to be going about it in the right way so best of luck to him. I hope he succeeds because he's Villa through and through and 'can' at times look amazing. Naive defensively don't get me wrong but he's a workhorse and can cross a ball well. I saw his goal this season in the cup and it was really good as well.

Some people are so quick to kick players to the gutter. Albrighton had a really good first season (similar to Weimann's this season imo) then had a mediocre season for Mcleish followed by an injury full one this time round. Lets just give the guy a chance. He hasn't played much competitive football over the last year so lets just give him a little bit of a break. Well not that any of us have a choice lol we don't have any say :D

Â