Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Kit looks a lot better with the fella wearing it than the first over exposed leaked picture.

Im not a massive fan of the yellow trim on the bottom of the shirt, but it looks ok. Looks like its a decent fit as well, although as I'm only weedy I'd prefer it a bit more fitted.

I could have been a lot worse, it could have been a bit better. Just a shirt at the end of the day. I'm sure it'll look and feel better in the flesh than in a picture.

The away kit will be more talked about than the home.

Come on Phil spill the beans....what's it like?

lime green was the rumour ..no idea if it's true though

This isnt really an exact match, but I do like it when Arsenal have a very thick white stripe on the sleeve instead of separate white sleeves. I'd like to see a Villa shirt like that one year.

You mean like this?

0,,10265~9704993,00.jpg

No, in that I'd say it is a claret stripe on the underside of a blue sleeve. I mean a very thick blue stripe that starts at the collar and continues all the way down the sleeve.

I don't hate it, I don't love it either. It's a very... 'bit-y' design, it doesn't have a single 'style' running through it. For example the little triangle at the collar looks like it was taken off another shirt, and the collar is very busy, not helped by the bloody stupid logos on the shoulders.

It looks somewhat amateurish, and even in the pictures it looks fairly cheap to me. I suspect the heat stamped lion on the back won't help matters.

But it's not offensively bad so it's hard to get too annoyed. All you can really say of it is that Macron are not 'big players' in the sportswear field for a reason, and this shirt shows you why.

The away kit will be more talked about than the home.

Come on Phil spill the beans....what's it like?

lime green was the rumour ..no idea if it's true though

That's what has been rumoured on here, but Phil seemed to have seen it, so was hoping for a bit more info....oh well worth a try

Shirt looks absolutely disgusting.AvVfs2-CEAAPIiT.jpg

To be fair its a shit photo.

Shall we see a proper photo before spitting our dummies out?

But if its not an embroidered badge Randy should be tarred and feathered.

Why are the sleeves white?

I suspect that this might not be the real thing...and I hope I'm right, cuz it looks awful

Shirt looks absolutely disgusting.AvVfs2-CEAAPIiT.jpg

To be fair its a shit photo.

Shall we see a proper photo before spitting our dummies out?

But if its not an embroidered badge Randy should be tarred and feathered.

Why are the sleeves white?

I suspect that this might not be the real thing...and I hope I'm right, cuz it looks awful

It is the real thing and the sleeves are not white. As already stated it was taken with a shit camera in poor lighting.

It would look great without the stupid Macron logos on the shoulders.

Get over it, that's the brand....would it look better with a silly little tick on the front, or three stripes down the arm? They were the brand to offer us the best deal...

Btw not meaning to be rude and single you out, just don't see the problem with the macron logo on the shoulder.

I used to buy every kit we had in blind faith. Then one day (you could argue it is me getting tighter or more cynical with age) I stopped.

I would have bought last season's, had McLeish not been in charge.

But there is no way I am buying this. It looks cheap and no better than the kits Macron supply to teams like Boston and Yeovil.

Certainly not worth £45. Poor job Villa and Macron.

Also if anyone has seen the training wear in the club shop you will notice that also looks really cheap and certainly not as good quality as what Nike supplied and no cheaper.

Good I wouldn't want such a miserable git walking around in a Villa shirt.

I will buy it because it doesn't look bad at all. Hard for me to see any difference between Nike quality and this in a picture. I will buy because I am an Aston Villa supporter and beleive the club are trying to right the wrongs of the last 2 years......... UTV

We have a difference of opinion on the new kit so I'm branded a miserable git, and on my birthday. Thanks!

By the way I don't see how the new kit has anything to do with righting the wrongs of the last two years. Nonsense!

Phil first of all happy birthday. :birthday:

However I do think you should read your own words carefully. 1st of all you say you say would have brought a shirt last year if it wasn't for McLeish. Then when I say I am buying one this year because of PL and the effort Villa seem to be putting into sorting things out you say that is nonsense. What did Aston Villa's manager have to do with last years shirt? Nothing - but you didn't buy it because you were pissed off with him. What does PL have to do with this shirt? Nothing - but I am buying it because I am happy with club. If my purchase is nonsense then your non purchase is totally nonsense. Based upon your criteria for shirt buying should you not be buying one this year or are you also upset about PL as manager? Just saying.....

By the way, are we the biggest rip off merchants when it comes to bringing out new kits? 2012/13 will be the sixteenth season in a row where we have changed our home kit. The last time we kept a home shirt for two seasons was the AST Computers/Reebok kit we had in 95/96 and 96/97.

The away kit situation is actually worse. 2012/13 will be the eighteenth consecutive season we have unveiled a new shirt. There have been some token efforts where the club have kept an away shirt as a "third kit" for an additional season, but they have always had a new shirt to sell too. The last away kit we kept for more than one season was the infamous green black and red striped kit of 93/94 and 94/95.

Certain other clubs get slaughtered if they dont keep a shirt for two years. We have had two new shirts every year since Kurt Cobain died.

By the way, are we the biggest rip off merchants when it comes to bringing out new kits? 2012/13 will be the sixteenth season in a row where we have changed our home kit. The last time we kept a home shirt for two seasons was the AST Computers/Reebok kit we had in 95/96 and 96/97.

The away kit situation is actually worse. 2012/13 will be the eighteenth consecutive season we have unveiled a new shirt. There have been some token efforts where the club have kept an away shirt as a "third kit" for an additional season, but they have always had a new shirt to sell too. The last away kit we kept for more than one season was the infamous green black and red striped kit of 93/94 and 94/95.

Certain other clubs get slaughtered if they dont keep a shirt for two years. We have had two new shirts every year since Kurt Cobain died.

Not condoning it, but does not every club do this now.

The guy who posted the picture of himself in the Villa shirt has deleted his twitter now. I take it he's in some serious trouble over it.

Which he knew would happen, he tweeted before he leaked it that he was getting the new shirt early but was told by his boss that he couldnt wear it out till Saturday.

I used to buy every kit we had in blind faith. Then one day (you could argue it is me getting tighter or more cynical with age) I stopped.

I would have bought last season's, had McLeish not been in charge.

But there is no way I am buying this. It looks cheap and no better than the kits Macron supply to teams like Boston and Yeovil.

Certainly not worth £45. Poor job Villa and Macron.

Also if anyone has seen the training wear in the club shop you will notice that also looks really cheap and certainly not as good quality as what Nike supplied and no cheaper.

Good I wouldn't want such a miserable git walking around in a Villa shirt.

I will buy it because it doesn't look bad at all. Hard for me to see any difference between Nike quality and this in a picture. I will buy because I am an Aston Villa supporter and beleive the club are trying to right the wrongs of the last 2 years......... UTV

We have a difference of opinion on the new kit so I'm branded a miserable git, and on my birthday. Thanks!

By the way I don't see how the new kit has anything to do with righting the wrongs of the last two years. Nonsense!

Phil first of all happy birthday. :birthday:

However I do think you should read your own words carefully. 1st of all you say you say would have brought a shirt last year if it wasn't for McLeish. Then when I say I am buying one this year because of PL and the effort Villa seem to be putting into sorting things out you say that is nonsense. What did Aston Villa's manager have to do with last years shirt? Nothing - but you didn't buy it because you were pissed off with him. What does PL have to do with this shirt? Nothing - but I am buying it because I am happy with club. If my purchase is nonsense then your non purchase is totally nonsense. Based upon your criteria for shirt buying should you not be buying one this year or are you also upset about PL as manager? Just saying.....

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

As for the shirt debate, having seen the second image of it I have mellowed and think it's OK. Like you, Lambert's arrival has reinstated my blind faith and if it continues I might completely back down and buy one.

I would still prefer us to have a top manufacturer like Nike supply our kits as, more than anything, their training wear is better. Having seen the Macron gear in the club shop, I'm not overly impressed.

Just to clarify, I didn't buy last season's kit as I refused to give the club any money in protest of them employing McLeish. I stuck to my word and went to one game (which cost me nothing).

As for the away kit, I have seen it and it is garish! And the rumour is not far from the truth!

Pete Colley doesn't seem to like it...

Pete Colley Pete Colley ‏@petecolley

Does anyone like the new villa kit...?? I don't!

Pete Colley ‏@petecolley

Anyone own a Macron item of sportswear??? As apposed to Nike or Adidas??

I can't believe this man is a professional journalist employed by Sky.

Â