Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

Better photo and we can see the colours better. The collar looked white on the other photo but it's clearly blue in this one. I can't complain. It's better than I expected from Macron, not sure why many people seem to be moaning about it. I might buy it, depends on if the away kit is nicer.

598468132.jpg

The away kit is very different.

They have to be, otherwise they don't help in the event of a clash.

:winkold:

Better photo and we can see the colours better. The collar looked white on the other photo but it's clearly blue in this one. I can't complain. It's better than I expected from Macron, not sure why many people seem to be moaning about it. I might buy it, depends on if the away kit is nicer.

598468132.jpg

Do you know what, I really do like that shirt. First viewing (other pic) I wasn't too sure, but I am certainly liking it now.

Well done Villa.

598468132.jpg

Nice shirt, I like it!

And I´m pretty sure I´ll be loving the away kit...

I don't think I'll be buying it. I have to say I expected better.

Just out of curiosity how would you have done claret body with blue sleeves. Not having a go just wondering what it is you'd have preferred.

I'm hijacking but I'd have done a couple of things differently myself.

Firstly, I'd not have put those **** stupid gigantic logos on the shoulders. They look awful. I'm not a huge fan of big collars on football shirts, this one looks like it lies a bit flatter so it might be okay but I'll wait until I see it in person. I tend to prefer a bit more claret on the sleeves too, a claret cuff for example.

AS3D3.jpg

This isnt really an exact match, but I do like it when Arsenal have a very thick white stripe on the sleeve instead of separate white sleeves. I'd like to see a Villa shirt like that one year. I like the panel down the side too, we have had that in the past (especially in the early 80s) and I'd like to see that make a comeback one day.

This isnt really an exact match, but I do like it when Arsenal have a very thick white stripe on the sleeve instead of separate white sleeves. I'd like to see a Villa shirt like that one year.

You mean like this?

0,,10265~9704993,00.jpg

I'm hijacking but I'd have done a couple of things differently myself.

Firstly, I'd not have put those **** stupid gigantic logos on the shoulders. They look awful. I'm not a huge fan of big collars on football shirts, this one looks like it lies a bit flatter so it might be okay but I'll wait until I see it in person. I tend to prefer a bit more claret on the sleeves too, a claret cuff for example.

Agree with removing Larry the leisure centre logo but we always knew they'd appear somewhere so I was kinda expecting them.

take them off and I think you have a cracking shirt. I even love the collar.

It looks more like a West ham shirt, than a Villa shirt tbh, and I have that Villa kit with Baros on the back lol..

This shirt is a **** load better than those Hummel ones!

It's claret body, blue sleeves with a Villa badge on, what else does it need to have to make it less West Ham?

This isnt really an exact match, but I do like it when Arsenal have a very thick white stripe on the sleeve instead of separate white sleeves. I'd like to see a Villa shirt like that one year.

You mean like this?

0,,10265~9704993,00.jpg

Ha ha that shirt is on my office wall, it even has "10 BAROS" on the back :P

A claret-body-blue-sleeves-white-shorts Villa kit can never, by definition, be the worst Villa kit ever. That honour should be fought over by the years 1969-70, 1983-89, 1993-95, 1999-2000 and 2001-2002.
*braces for ridicule* I love the Hummel half 'n' half pinstripe and the Asics tops. :oops:

That is certainly fair enough. But they were not Aston Villa kits just because an Aston Villa team wore them. I see video footage of that era and I cringe at the crass and unnecessary betrayal of our history. It was just so small-time. Only six years after Rotterdam too, what the heck were the people in charge thinking?

Similarly with the Asics kit. I watch that Wembley final against Manchester United and wish that such a glorious performance was preserved for posterity with us wearing a proper Villa shirt, like we had only the year before.

I was hoping for something a little more 'slim fitted', but aside form that I quite like it.

Shame they don't do the same as the rugby shirts - the have the replica kit 'second skin' type shirt for the muscle bound adonis's amongst us, and a more casual fitting shirt for the masses.

You mean like this?

0,,10265~9704993,00.jpg

Ha ha that shirt is on my office wall, it even has "10 BAROS" on the back :P

I have it too, but I have the FIRST "10 BAROS" shirt in the wall - got it 14 days before he signed at had it on at the Bolton game - everyone asking "do you know something" - sure did JC had leaked that transfer long before it happened. :-)

You mean like this?

0,,10265~9704993,00.jpg

**** 'ell how small does that badge look!

Â