Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Sent my wife a nice txt this morning as it's our anniversary. She's just txt back saying she keeps reading it because it makes her happy. Then she said she wishes I could actually say stuff like that to her more often to her face. Come on woman, I'm a man ;)

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't get this as we were all kids at one point.

Yeah, We were all annoying little words removed at some point.

And now that I'm not one (well, I'm not little anyway) I don't want my free time ruined by them

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Fair enough.  I wouldn't take my kid to a nice restaurant though - not yet - not fair on other people. 

Nice hotel?  There are plenty of adults only nice hotels, so maybe you're just choosing the wrong ones ;) 

Cinema - I wouldn't take my kid to a screening that isn't for children (like a Saturday matinee).

A flight?  You just gotta suck that one up I'm afraid, you big pussy :lol:  - Or go first class, you poor or summat? :P 

EDIT - I understand that I'm not a perfect parent, but the people that do take their kids to 12a on a friday night need shooting :lol: Or the Ritz for dinner. 

Restaurant -You wouldn't. But plenty of people do. I went to a restaurant this year which took 9 months to get a booking at and there were kids running riot all through the meal.

Hotel - yep. Next holiday will be adults only. Guaranteed.

Cinema - again you wouldn't, but people do.

Flight - exactly. You just gotta suck it up. Suck it up because kids are so **** annoying.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Restaurant -You wouldn't. But plenty of people do. I went to a restaurant this year which took 9 months to get a booking at and there were kids running riot all through the meal.

Hotel - yep. Next holiday will be adults only. Guaranteed.

Cinema - again you wouldn't, but people do.

Flight - exactly. You just gotta suck it up. Suck it up because kids are so **** annoying.

:lol:  We can't all be boring robots!! 

Beep Boop Boop Bewb 

Look at me on GTA - probably THE FUNNIEST, BEST, AMAZING person on there :crylaugh:  

I love kids, cant wait to be a dad but I'd happily pay extra for kid free flights. 

The restaurant thing I'd just ask the parents to get them under control or tell the waiter otherwise just get up and leave, especially if its something like purnells or Simpsons or some high end place. If its a sizzler or pizza hut then its to be expected.

On the whole, kids crack me up but now and again when I want to be stress free I'd happily pay extra to be without them.

But like Ruge says, I can find adults to be just as annoying, more so sometimes. 

• Like 2

Kids are a strange one for me. I want them, and so does my girlfriend, but.... I'm not sure there will ever come a point where we both say "okay let's do this".

I can't ever imagine having the mentality where I feel it's the right time. I'm pushing on for 30 now. 

Edited by PieFacE

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Kids are a strange one for me. I want them, and so does my girlfriend, but.... I'm not sure there will ever come a point where we both say "okay let's do this".

I can't ever imagine having the mentality where I feel it's the right time. I'm pushing on for 30 now. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There will come a time when she accidentally forgets to take her pill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

There's never a "right time" to have kids. 

I had mine at 27 (almost 28) - there are good points and bad points.

The good are; You're young, fit and healthy.  You'll be around for them until they're dependant (hopefully!), when they are dependant, it's party time.

The bad; Your mates probably don't have any, so you'll occasionally feel like you're missing out on "fun" stuff, you are responsible for not letting another human being die, they take up a lot of time and resources (although, saying that, I don't notice the difference financially, which tells me that I must have been shit with money before (I wasn't!)), you'll be a bit more tired (but by having them younger, this only increases with age).

But like everything, there are good points and bad - but it is amazing and I don't think anyone regrets it once you've been handed over your little bag of bones - it's just "magic", like all your xmases come in one.  

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Some useful posts on both sides here. There's going to be a lot to think about over the next few days. 

Do you know that you can both defo make kids?

Win win scenario could yet be that you're banging away for years, peppering her with blanks.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My advice would be (from a childless, girlfriend-less 25 year old :D ) to consider what is more important.

Her and your future with her or your reasons behind not wanting kids.

Don't do yourself down Stefan, you have got a girlfriend. It's just it's someone else's ;)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

You're the biggest pussy on here! 

I can imagine that text now;

"Alroight bab, yow mek me scaffold pole 'ard.  Memba' thet tiem I shove yow-er straigtners up yow-er chuff?  Good ti-ems bab, good ti-ems.

Yow mek me world gew rew-und,

Baldy locks and the 3 hairs 

xoxo"  

clearing in the woods :D 

im no yam yam 

• Like 1

I like the idea of kids, and at 32 feel like I ought to be seriously thinking about it by now, but do worry about my partner. She has a lot of anxiety issues, and though 28 is also mentally a bit young, I know she's said she wants them, but she often says things I think she says because its what I want to hear. To be fair to her, as friends with babies have been round and she's adored being an "aunt" with them, I'm sure her interest is genuine, but she also seems terrified whenever I broach the subject in a "well look in 2 years we might well be getting ready for them" type conversation.

I don't want to be 40 before I start a family, and whilst I'm happy to wait a couple of years to save up a bit of money, and enjoy one big holiday before kids destroy all that, I do worry she's going to find excuses to put it off. Her anxieties can be quite debilitating and she has the inferiority complex of always wanting to please me, which I find so annoying. I mean obviously she means well, but I just want her to be her own woman. She get's defensive about your household criticisms that you have know and then, before apologising and thinking she's failing me. Which is just so bloody exhausting to deal with. 

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Do you know that you can both defo make kids?

Win win scenario could yet be that you're banging away for years, peppering her with blanks.

I hear what you're saying. I should get a secret vasectomy. :detect:

• Like 1

Â