Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

She is very nice but totally in limbo regarding her life currently. Not that it matters, I don't have a choice in starting a relationship with her anyway. 

Like Alex said, moving to London will make things easier, though I will miss her a lot and hanging out with her. It's not the first time I've been in this sort of position though. I got past it once and I'll do it again I'm sure. Be nice to meet someone who had their shit together so we could just focus on getting it on but that's life I guess.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So..... has anyone ever had to deal with the issue of their other half putting on a bit too much timber at all? And how do you approach it? 

Ultimately, it's irrelevant and doesn't matter.

But at 3 stone weight gain in 1 year is some going.... 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So..... has anyone ever had to deal with the issue of their other half putting on a bit too much timber at all? And how do you approach it? 

come on babe, its all muscle.....but ill try and shift soem for you xoxo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

It must matter or you wouldn't mention it here ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Congratulations on triplets! 

• Like 1

But i do sympathise. My other half is already obese and I try to encourage her desires to be healthier but its tough when they continue to eat shit and find excuses to avoid walking more. Recently we went for a walk to visit a castle. Was no more than a 30 minute hike but it took over an hour to persuade her to get up there and even then she settled for reaching a peak. She refused to go any further to actually visit the castle. Really pissed me off.

Also grating is then when she has tge nerve to complain about her weight. **** DO SOMETHING then :rant:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Do you go to the gym? If not, I recommend joining and seeing if guilt drives her to join you. 

That's what my missus does to me, anyway ;)

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

"Put the pie down porky chops and have some celery"

No? I guess I can see why I'm single!

I jest of course, is conscious of it? Does she mention it to you? my weight fluctuates... i've been 15 stone (fatty) and i've been 9 and a half stone (AIDS victim)... within a year or two of each other as an adult. My best weight is about 12 stone but I'm over that at the minute. It does creep up on you.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

"Put the pie down porky chops and have some celery"

No? I guess I can see why I'm single!

I jest of course, is conscious of it? Does she mention it to you? my weight fluctuates... i've been 15 stone (fatty) and i've been 9 and a half stone (AIDS victim)... within a year or two of each other as an adult. My best weight is about 12 stone but I'm over that at the minute. It does creep up on you.

That proper cracked me up :crylaugh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Putting a lot of weight on quickly can have physiological causes (endocrines) but it can also be caused by emotional problems leading to comfort eating. 

It needs discussing but don't mention her weight, ask about how she is feeling, or its likely that she could be already telling you and you have to listen more carefully.

I think nagging someone about their weight is emotional abuse and is always counterproductive.

So I would say tread very carefully.

• Like 2

Â