Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

On 7 April 2017 at 14:29, Paddywhack said:

"Mmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneed to go and the cats in"

That must be a euphemism for something

16 hours ago, Rodders said:

But i do sympathise. My other half is already obese and I try to encourage her desires to be healthier but its tough when they continue to eat shit and find excuses to avoid walking more. Recently we went for a walk to visit a castle. Was no more than a 30 minute hike but it took over an hour to persuade her to get up there and even then she settled for reaching a peak. She refused to go any further to actually visit the castle. Really pissed me off.

Also grating is then when she has tge nerve to complain about her weight. **** DO SOMETHING then :rant:

haha, I know that feeling. I'm semi active, I always try and get her to join me no matter what activity i'm doing but often she just refuses. Again, like you OH she then proceeds to moan about it. FFS! 

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do you go to the gym? If not, I recommend joining and seeing if guilt drives her to join you. 

That's what my missus does to me, anyway ;)

Yup, I've been going for a few years, they had a special offer on so she signed up too... only issue is she will go there and generally so stretches or yoga and stuff like that. Which is fine, but I don't think it's going to burn off the calories.

14 hours ago, Xela said:

"Put the pie down porky chops and have some celery"

No? I guess I can see why I'm single!

I jest of course, is conscious of it? Does she mention it to you? my weight fluctuates... i've been 15 stone (fatty) and i've been 9 and a half stone (AIDS victim)... within a year or two of each other as an adult. My best weight is about 12 stone but I'm over that at the minute. It does creep up on you.

Yeah I'm similar with my weight and i'm by no means skinny, but I do enough exercise now to stay consistently average! I don't necessarily want her to be really skinny or anything, just to not keep balooning :lol:

Think i'll just keep being persistent and trying to keep her active. I certainly don't want her to feel bad about herself, if it's all comfort weight because she's happy then that pleases me in a round about way! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but getting big boobs by getting fat is cheating

They are big anyway but are huge when she puts a few pounds on. All that will change now though as she's going on a diet getting her body in shape for the summer.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I always feel for those girls who are fat and still don't get big boobs.  It's like the only perk to getting chubbs.

love from a chubber xoxo

This exactly. Big women need to have big hudders.

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I always feel for those girls who are fat and still don't get big boobs.  It's like the only perk to getting chubbs.

I was just thinking that! Poor cows.

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

haha, I know that feeling. I'm semi active, I always try and get her to join me no matter what activity i'm doing but often she just refuses. Again, like you OH she then proceeds to moan about it. FFS! 

Yup, I've been going for a few years, they had a special offer on so she signed up too... only issue is she will go there and generally so stretches or yoga and stuff like that. Which is fine, but I don't think it's going to burn off the calories.

Yeah I'm similar with my weight and i'm by no means skinny, but I do enough exercise now to stay consistently average! I don't necessarily want her to be really skinny or anything, just to not keep balooning :lol:

Think i'll just keep being persistent and trying to keep her active. I certainly don't want her to feel bad about herself, if it's all comfort weight because she's happy then that pleases me in a round about way! 

I'm long time single and useless at this dating malarkey so maybe not the best person to comment. But, could you not tell her you want to diet and it would really help you if she ate the same with you? Whilst not improving the exercise amount it could help to lose weight.

I'm so crap at this... so was chatting to a few girls on Tinder, 2 of them seeem to be getting on well with and I ask what they like doing (yes I know my game is poor, but just trying to find equal interests). No response from either... then another one, flirting for a while with each and again going well. Come back from work today and hadn't looked all day as busy, looked this evening and she is no longer in my message list....

I may as well be a monk, at least I'd have a reason for this act of celibacy. 

On 4/19/2017 at 21:24, mikeyp102 said:

I'm so crap at this... so was chatting to a few girls on Tinder, 2 of them seeem to be getting on well with and I ask what they like doing (yes I know my game is poor, but just trying to find equal interests). No response from either... then another one, flirting for a while with each and again going well. Come back from work today and hadn't looked all day as busy, looked this evening and she is no longer in my message list....

I may as well be a monk, at least I'd have a reason for this act of celibacy. 

Before I was in a relationship and on tinder I use to go for the number after 3-4 messages max. I think your going in too quickly getting to know them hence why this happening. But don't be dis heartened. On tinder women are speaking to about 5-10 different blokes, the ones who game the best usually are the ones they end up giving their number to. Every girl i met with they were open and said was speaking to loads of guys but you seemed "different" 

That's what you need go for pal. 

On 19/04/2017 at 21:38, Davkaus said:

Tinder's a bit of a shitfest. I prefer pretty much any other dating site. Tinder's like a nightclub meat market, except you're sober, and have to make conversation with people that you know nothing about other than they have nice tits.

If you have to ask people what their interests are, the likelihood is that their profile is utter shit and doesn't say anything of value at all, so they're expecting loads of messages based on just their pics. I bin those people off right away, the conversation is always excrutiating. 

I limited my dating pool hugely by not bothering with anyone unless they wrote something of substance in their profile, and clearly shared at least a couple of my main hobbies. I talked to far fewer people, but it's a much less painful experience and the vast majority of them ended up with meeting.

That is exactly how I used to view it. 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

On tinder women are speaking to about 5-10 different blokes, the ones who game the best usually are the ones they end up giving their number to.

Try 50!

Lot of thirsty men out there who will chat to absolutely anything with a minge. I pity females on dating sides, the amount of shit they have to sift through. 

Your profile just needs to be detailed and with a bit of humour in it so it stands out.

Alternatively take advice from Keith

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I thought a romantic few days in venice kickstarted things, but spending 10 hours by her bed in recuss after she had an anaphylactic shock is a relationship first for me, jesus.

I thought I was going to meet her parents for the first time at her funeral. :mellow:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well, I thought a romantic few days in venice kickstarted things, but spending 10 hours by her bed in recuss after she had an anaphylactic shock is a relationship first for me, jesus.

I thought I was going to meet her parents for the first time at her funeral. :mellow:

How long have you been with her and haven't met the in laws yet? 

Â