Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

2 hours ago, choffer said:

How dare you! That's the love of my life, that is. 

Daft thing is, even after 17 years with no contact, I'd still probably have her back if she asked (and her 3 kids!).

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Or as a rather less-evolved acquaintance of mine once succinctly put it - "If they didn't have fannies, we'd throw rocks at them".

I think the above will occur to you from villa talk members if you did! HELL NO!

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The only real problem with this woman (she's pretty fantastic) is that one of my cats genuinely hates her. He spent the night out last night. I tried to encourage him in for breakfast, and he jumped in the window, saw her, hissed, then ran back in to the garden. 

Beware...cats are very good at sussing out humans...

Everyone is here is a **** fat, ugly, quivering, disgusting husk of a man.. 

Just get what you can and count yourselves lucky. 

Imagine what the women who do agree to have sex with you have to look at whilst you're randomly poking around.

;)  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, choffer said:

Probably not in reality but I might try it on for old times sake. 

I think everyone has that someone in their past. I do, and I still speak to her, despite breaking up nearly 14 years ago.

I don't hanker for her, but still like chatting to her every now and again. 

• Like 1

Feminist’s Observation About Men Complimenting Women Has A Lot Of People Nodding In Agreement

‘I responded ‘I know’ to a compliment once and the guy got so nasty.’

Next time you receive a compliment from a guy, we dare you to agree with him.

According to activist Feminista Jones, if a woman says “yes, I know” when a man gives her a compliment (such as “you look nice”), it doesn’t go down well. 

In fact, Jones believes agreeing with a compliment in a confident manner is a sure-fire way to piss a lot of men off  - and it comes down to the expectation that “women show no self-appreciation”.

It seems a lot of women agree with her theory, as her recent tweet on the topic received more than 8,000 likes. 

In further tweets, Jones said she has first-hand experience of annoying men through her reaction to compliments.

“They even complain when you say ‘thanks’ with a straight face instead of ‘thank you’ with frilly giggles and fake blushed,” she said.

“I’ve had several men tell me they found ‘thanks’ an offensive reply to a compliment given to a woman.”

Jones puts this down to the fact that women are expected to “show no self-appreciation” and are meant to be “overjoyed by someone (a man) saying something positive about them”.

In response to her thread, other women shared their experiences of facing a backlash after agreeing with a compliment. 

Here

I don't think it's anything to do with what sex you are or if you're being hit on or not, I just think modesty is an attractive personality trait to have in anyone, friends, colleagues, whoever.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

They have made it a man v woman issue and its not...it's arrogance that gets the nasty response, be it male-male, female-male, female-female.

It's ironic when you think about it. In the age we live in, where society is doing its best to pretend it's trying to do away with racism, sexism and gender stereotypes, I've never seen race and sex be used more as polarising weapons against each other.  You're right.  The 2 'sides' in any of the above discussions are usually not each other's enemy.  But people love a scrap, so they buy in to the false narrative, they pick a side and nothing gets resolved and it all gets a little bit worse.  Because both sides of any large-scale argument will always have an abundance of angry disillusioned idiots.

/misanthropicrantover

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's ironic when you think about it. In the age we live in, where society is doing its best to pretend it's trying to do away with racism, sexism and gender stereotypes, I've never seen race and sex be used more as polarising weapons against each other.  You're right.  The 2 'sides' in any of the above discussions are usually not each other's enemy.  But people love a scrap, so they buy in to the false narrative, they pick a side and nothing gets resolved and it all gets a little bit worse.  Because both sides of any large-scale argument will always have an abundance of angry disillusioned idiots.

/misanthropicrantover

Guess you could argue the same over politics and religion. One side is not going to agree with the other so I see it pointless having the debate in the first place! 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Guess you could argue the same over politics and religion. One side is not going to agree with the other so I see it pointless having the debate in the first place! 

Yep you can, and I would, in another thread ;)

So, women eh ?

• Like 1

Going through some difficult times regarding substance and alcohol abuse which is also effecting mental health. Not asking for pity regarding that but just wanted some thought on whether I should feel angry or not. My wife knows how bad I am at the moment regarding everything and I'm at a point where I really want to stop and that I can't go on much longer like this. Drink is a huge trigger for me to use coke and I'm very weak when I'm around alcohol. My wife likes a drink and she's been saying she will try and stop to help me out. Anyway she's had a drink with a mate tonight, only a couple of glasses but it's still a drink. She then informs me that she's not going to stop drinking because she does not want to be controlled by my problems and it's her life. I said fair enough let's see how it goes and if it's too much for me I will move out for a bit until I'm sorted out and I feel comfortable being around drink,which could take a while. She said ok if that's what you need to do then fair enough but I'm definitely not stopping drinking. Feel a bit hurt by it tbf. Am I being too sensitive and trying to stop her having fun because I've got to try and stop the partying(if you want to call it that)? Maybe I'm not being fair on her but I thought we were a team. 

Â