Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

The stunner from work has turned your head?

Pretty much.

Harmless flirting at the moment, I think I'm just enjoying the ego boost.

But I'd be lying if I said it hadn't made me reassess things.

It'll pass.

It's a difficult one. I guess it's just that "but what if...".

I never offer any kind of advice in this thread, because I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I guess I'd just think back to before you found out the office hottie liked you and were you re-assessing your relationship in anyway at all before that. If not, then maybe that's your answer. But I think you're right, it'll pass.

EDIT: I mean DHUTWU

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I realise it may not be as serious as this post suggests so apologies if ive read it wrong but.....

Keep it as a compliment and ego boost. If you want more then sort it out with your missus before you hurt her. You've always spoke glowingly about your missus. If its still so then don't waste it on a bit of pointless skirt.

We all moan about our past relationships and how we've been treated but we are just as capable of inflicting the same.

It's certainly not serious at the moment. I've done nothing so far that I wouldn't be anything more than mildly irritated by if it was the other way round. Like I said, a bit of flirting is all.

If anything ever did, or was going to, happen then you're right, I'd be totally up front with the other half. We've always said we'd do that if things broke down, no point messing other people about.

That's jumping the gun though, it won't come to that.

On 5/11/2017 at 14:26, BOF said:

And seemingly far too early to have shared enough meals to discover any life-threatening allergies either.  This is a **** buddy you're trying to get to the next level isn't it :) 

Well, I crossed "meet the parents" off the list yesterday. A few days after her nearly dying is a pretty good time to meet them, as it happens, they were a bit too preoccupied to grill the guy nailing their daughter. :P 

• Like 2

The only real problem with this woman (she's pretty fantastic) is that one of my cats genuinely hates her. He spent the night out last night. I tried to encourage him in for breakfast, and he jumped in the window, saw her, hissed, then ran back in to the garden. 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The only real problem with this woman (she's pretty fantastic) is that one of my cats genuinely hates her. He spent the night out last night. I tried to encourage him in for breakfast, and he jumped in the window, saw her, hissed, then ran back in to the garden. 

Ah, she has no soul. Sorry to hear that.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's certainly not serious at the moment. I've done nothing so far that I wouldn't be anything more than mildly irritated by if it was the other way round. Like I said, a bit of flirting is all.

If anything ever did, or was going to, happen then you're right, I'd be totally up front with the other half. We've always said we'd do that if things broke down, no point messing other people about.

That's jumping the gun though, it won't come to that.

Start half joking about 3somes and see where it goes :ph34r:

• Like 1

Yes, I had one of these work flirting kind of relationships. After months of wondering whether she was just joking, playing around with me or we were both just messing about, there was the work's Christmas party. A bit of alcohol cleared that situation up for both of us. DHUTWU.

On the subject of ex girlfriends getting into contact this also happened to be a year or so back.

After nearly 10 years of no contact she turned up on my doorstep asklng me how I was (how she got my address I still don't know) Now when I went out with this lady I was probably 19 and she was nearly 30, she dumped me and being a young kid I was absolutey devastated. Now 10 years later, me being in my prime (if I do say so myself) and her being well past her prime... it was quite easy to turn that one down. I was too kind rejecting her looking back, I should have gave her a proper piece of my mind...because this lady pretty much took all my naivety and her experience and did a number on me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Women are bizarre, aren't they?

The love of my life dumped me unceremoniously 17 years ago and last night she found my very well hidden Facebook account and sent me a message to say I was "always in her heart" and that she was sorry if she ever hurt me. Bit late now, love!

Snakes with tits my friend, snakes with tits. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Pretty much.

Harmless flirting at the moment, I think I'm just enjoying the ego boost.

But I'd be lying if I said it hadn't made me reassess things.

It'll pass.

As others have said, take it as an ego boost. Things seem to be going well between you and your missus so you don't want to ruin that for what might be nothing more than fleeting lust. I guess I don't need to tell you this, i'm sure you already know. 

Plus getting involved with people at work can be messy. I always said i'd never do it again (after having a habit of it years back) but what happened recently... yep, got in a situation with someone at work, which was never going to work long term but I was rather smitten as she was stunning, as well as being a good laugh. As expected it ended in tears and caused a not inconsiderate amount of awkwardness in the office for a couple of months. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Snakes with tits my friend, snakes with tits. 

How dare you! That's the love of my life, that is. 

Daft thing is, even after 17 years with no contact, I'd still probably have her back if she asked (and her 3 kids!).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

Daft thing is, even after 17 years with no contact, I'd still probably have her back if she asked

Ouch.

11 minutes ago, choffer said:

Daft thing is, even after 17 years with no contact, I'd still probably have her back if she asked (and her 3 kids!).

Really?! Or are you pulling my plonker?

31 minutes ago, choffer said:

Bad times my friend. Bad times :(

Â