Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

No offence intended Rugley but after reading your massive post a few pages back seems like ye've been through the wars & I don't think you are a mug. #Rugleycheatedfirst

been through a few scrapes I must admit and been in some bad places but I've come out the otherside. Still do stuff I shouldn't be doing but ay people ay perfect. Yeah I was terrible with other women when I first got with the mrs.

I was a romantic sod when I first got with mine, after about a year though it slowly starts to go down hill and the misery and rot sets in.

That's when you need to f*ck them off! 

9 months is my longest. Shocking at my age. 

I was a romantic sod when I first got with mine, after about a year though it slowly starts to go down hill and the misery and rot sets in.

That's when you need to f*ck them off!

9 months is my longest. Shocking at my age.

How old are you? I'm coming up 32, and my recent ex and I were together 3.5 yrs. Before her I'd never gone over 3 months Edited by mikeyp102

I've been writing in here about my friend who's girlfriend keeps cheating on him a few times, she has a kid (not his) and is basically using him completely. None of us can get through to him, but anyway he rang me today asking could we meet today (I haven't seen him since Christmas), I told him it was my girlfriends birthday & that I was currently out shopping with her and didn't know when I would be done, and wanted to watch the game at 5 before meeting my gf at 7 for the night, but I'd try squeeze him in at 4. He rang at 4 to say he couldn't meet but basically he's after quitting his job in Limerick because he is too far away from his girlfriend (didn't say this but I know it's the reason) and every time he turns the corner she gets up on a penis. He has a masters in economics but wants to be an accountant, he's been working as an accountant the past 7 months on shite money, 1.5 hours away from his girlfriend, it took him 7 months to find a job, & the company he was working for took a massive chance on him giving him the job, he wants to try get a job in town here but there just isn't that many positions and he's not exactly employable. He wants to lunch with me Monday week (has to give employer a weeks notice), I feel like I need to tell him to leave his girlfriend, rethink his career, even if he never ever talks to me again, or should I just accept he has ruined his life and leave him off?

I think you probably owe it to your friend to be as honest as possible one final time. Tell him what you think of his girlfriend and the situation. He must know deep down that you're right? 

• Like 1

Hi, I'm from rugeley and I'm gay

Either that or you love dogs

You're getting him mixed up with DDID. That's Rugeley, he loves Henry hoover, remember?

That's the first DDID dog reference I've made in ages. Feels good man.

I've been writing in here about my friend who's girlfriend keeps cheating on him a few times, she has a kid (not his) and is basically using him completely. None of us can get through to him, but anyway he rang me today asking could we meet today (I haven't seen him since Christmas), I told him it was my girlfriends birthday & that I was currently out shopping with her and didn't know when I would be done, and wanted to watch the game at 5 before meeting my gf at 7 for the night, but I'd try squeeze him in at 4. He rang at 4 to say he couldn't meet but basically he's after quitting his job in Limerick because he is too far away from his girlfriend (didn't say this but I know it's the reason) and every time he turns the corner she gets up on a penis. He has a masters in economics but wants to be an accountant, he's been working as an accountant the past 7 months on shite money, 1.5 hours away from his girlfriend, it took him 7 months to find a job, & the company he was working for took a massive chance on him giving him the job, he wants to try get a job in town here but there just isn't that many positions and he's not exactly employable. He wants to lunch with me Monday week (has to give employer a weeks notice), I feel like I need to tell him to leave his girlfriend, rethink his career, even if he never ever talks to me again, or should I just accept he has ruined his life and leave him off?

The whole thing with being someone's friend is to be honest with them - even if it could hurt. Trust me, true friendships do survive.

From the sounds of it, he's got a lot on his mind and is looking to you as a sounding board/advisor. Tell him what you think, even if it pisses him off - at least your views will be in his head and deep down, he probably knows it already.

You're getting him mixed up with DDID. That's Rugeley, he loves Henry hoover, remember?

what's this about a dog and DDID then ha?

what's this about a dog and DDID then ha?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/8848-i-have-a-confession-to-make/page-8

I've spent stupid money on my mrs over the years, she's had four cars(we've only been together 5 years) I've paid some debt off for her. I remember once we had a big fall out which resulted in her smashing up my cds, anyway I'm off to cyprus she says. I was like wtf, anyway she arranged to go and work in cyprus for 6 month, up until she was going we made up and it was decided I should go with her. I had no choice but to say yes because it was over if I did not join her, anyway the plan was to join her out there about three weeks after she had arrived there. Now listen to this, she did not even last a week out there because we were having phone sex every other night and she was using the phone in her hotel room. As you can imagine she had a huge phone bill which she could not afford to pay, they were threatening her with the police so I had to send her some money over to pay the bill. Luckily the experience of it all made her want to come back so I had to pay for her flight back which wernt cheap. She's cost me a bloody fortune over the years.

I'm going to be completely honest with you here mate and give you the best advice possible.

The very best investment you can make in a woman like that is a hitman. That will cure all of your problems and will, in the long run, save you money.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â