Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I actually turn 22 in Oct, but im very inexperienced when it comes to the opposite sex (partially because I went to a single sex school).

Havent I mentioned my age on here before? Ive been on VT a long time you know.

Edit: I'm experienced enough to know that the best course of action is certainly NOT to keep sending texts, so.

The truth is that no one knows enough to be qualified to advise you because it is mostly a matter of luck whether these things work out or not; it is a chaotic system, where small events can make a big difference and it is nobody's fault.

So bearing that in mind it is pretty predictable that you are going to lose more than you are going to win.

I would say that getting dragged into some power-struggle about how quickly someone responds to a text message, is definitely sweating the small stuff, and you'll definitely have to deal with bigger issues than that, even if you have a 'successful' relationship.

You are definitely getting ahead of yourself and should not be thinking about who has the power in the relationship before you've even arranged the first date.

I am sure that if you were arranging to meet a mate for a beer, you wouldn't even think about it.

As they tell you on the thread about betting, if you want to win you have to study the field, spread your bets and back them each way; which means not setting your heart on an outright big win.

And while you are waiting for the result from your last bet, you should be planning your next. 

Luck is the mentality of persistence not a cosmic force. :) 

• Like 2

Hahahaha as soon as I saw the last post GarethRDR, I knew already it would be a sarcastic or jokey post.

OOOOOOH DID YOU NOW?!

HAHAHAHA

6a2b71136bcf88181344acb60b36b49df566bb2f

I've always found Joey Tribiani funny!!!! LOL :D :D LOL

Ignore her and eventually she will text you. Then you reply after a few days saying 'Sorry, Im busy'

I mean it won't get you anywhere but you gotta win these mind game battles.

I seriously cannot tell if you're joking or being serious.

Half and half.

When you ask to meet her and then she says next weekend and you just need to accept it and not start asking why or to meet up before then.

Keep your distance and play it cool, don't come across too keen.

I mean don't ask me why, I prefer the straight up honest approach but girls be crazy.

Legov, text her back straight away if she texts you. When I first started texting my girlfriend she'd take 6 hours to text back drove me nuts. She later admitted her friends were telling her to keep me waiting and all this and that she took their advice. She asked you for your number so she's definitely interest. If not then choose one of Lapal's or Gareth's.

Okay, mentioned this in passing on the "things that piss you off" thread, but here goes.

Met this girl by chance, really good conversation, hit it off, etc etc, she asked me for my number.

Texted her two days after that (i.e. yesterday), asking about something about her that I was curious about. She took a while to reply, two texts (that didn't feel as great as our face-to-face conversation did) later I decided to, uh, show that I was doing something by waiting for an hour before responding.

Anyway, long story short, the conversation could have been better, but eventually I asked her if she was free this weekend. "Not this weekend, but I'm probably free the next" she replied. "Why?" I told her that since we don't share classes, I'd like to keep in contact with her, and I told her that I'd like to grab a bite with her or something, maybe show her around the place (she's new to the city). Took her 2 hours I think, maybe more? before she replied, but basically she said that she'll be free next weekend. 

Now, because I'd been waiting for hours for her reply (and gotten a bit sick of it), I decided to play some games by putting off my reply until the following morning, i.e. today. It was already almost 10 by then anyway.

No reply from her since then, none at all, and it's been the entire freaking day.

Any advice? No corny jokes please, the last time I asked for advice on this thread...

Edit: Actually, more concerned about what's going on in her bloody mind than really needing advice on what to do!

This sounds like the silly games women like to play in their teenage years or early 20s or she is just not into you. You have to find out which one. If you want to actually do something with her, then just put up with it for the 2 weeks until you see her. Go eat and show her around like you said and see if she is on her phone frequently. If she is, then you probably know she is not interested in you. Maybe after a week of talking you could ask her how come it takes her so long to respond to texts. If she works then it's understandable. I often go a couple of hours without being able to text my girlfriend. Don't ignore her texts though even if you're frustrated. Fighting fire with fire will only frustrate you more in the long run. Hang out with her and see how it goes. See if she keeps eye contact with you, seems friendly, or talks about other things she wants to do in the future. These are all signs she would be into you. If she isn't then move on. It's hard to hear especially if you don't have much else going. Trust me I know. I've been in that situation, but being strung up on a girl like this is just a pain. It's better to try to find someone else. You seem friendly enough.

When you ask to meet her and then she says next weekend and you just need to accept it and not start asking why or to meet up before then.

I didn't, she was the one who asked me why I had asked her if she was free.

If you want to actually do something with her, then just put up with it for the 2 weeks until you see her. Go eat and show her around like you said and see if she is on her phone frequently

She hasn't agreed yet, that's why I'm in a state of limbo. This morning, I suggested a time to meet up, and she hasn't replied since (it's 11 plus at night now)

You can always be forward and just text her again. You can just say if you want to do something, I am willing, but if you don't want to, please let me know so I am not hung up on waiting for your response. It's risky but it will give you your answer.

If she seems hard work then she is hard work. Like I said, if she hasn't replied by tomorrow night then **** her off. Do. Not. Reply. To. Her.

Come to think of it, a few days ago, one of my best friends replied to me FIVE ****ING DAYS after he had seen the initial message. I replied promptly, of course.

Â