Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Girl working with the missus is 23, she's be going out with a lad 5 years, he's 28. She was absolutely gutted he didn't propose last Valentines. Anyway, she told my girlfriend that she's 3 months today and that the baby wasn't planned but is a nice surprise. Her boyfriend works in Kildare (3 hour drive), with a decent job. Now he's going to leave job, move home and buy a little house, which they will live in while building a house with his girlfriend, sounds to me that he has been definitely trapped by this girl. Surely your either taking the necessary precautions or you're not? Don't think he'll find as good a job at home either.

Takes two to tango imo, if you're not taking precautions then you should know what can happen. Can't this geezer keep the job and move her up to Kildare? Leaving a good job to move back to the wild west ain't good for anyone involved! 

Not sure what has driven me to post here, but I have a question.

Met a girl last week. We were together a lot over the weekend getting to know one another and what not. She has called me attractive and I admitted to her I fancied her which apparently made he very happy. Pretty much we have both made it very apparent that we like one another. She texted me last night asking what we should do going forward relationship wise. I told her that I wanted to get to know her more and that I would gladly make her my girlfriend but she told me that she is not ready for a relationship. She also told me that she does not want to just make me someone she sleeps with because she likes me more than that. So now I am in this strange situation where I don't know what to do. I quite like her. She is Czech, cute and smart. I am 22 and I haven't had a serious relationship in nearly 2 years now so I would have liked this to work out, but I am in a situation where I just don't know what is right.

She told me that maybe if we took the summer to get to know one another, she might be ready to be in a relationship after that but she is not sure. I don't want to have to push aside feelings for a long period of time especially if it will all be for not. I just am really lost to be honest.

Don't let her string you along, intentionally or unintentionally.

Tell her you want more than friendship and you're not happy just being a friend. If she says she wants you as a friend or isn't sure then stop seeing her.

I would guess what she means is "I want a relationship, I'm just not sure I want it with you"

Make her mind up for her.

Not sure what has driven me to post here, but I have a question.

Met a girl last week. We were together a lot over the weekend getting to know one another and what not. She has called me attractive and I admitted to her I fancied her which apparently made he very happy. Pretty much we have both made it very apparent that we like one another. She texted me last night asking what we should do going forward relationship wise. I told her that I wanted to get to know her more and that I would gladly make her my girlfriend but she told me that she is not ready for a relationship. She also told me that she does not want to just make me someone she sleeps with because she likes me more than that. So now I am in this strange situation where I don't know what to do. I quite like her. She is Czech, cute and smart. I am 22 and I haven't had a serious relationship in nearly 2 years now so I would have liked this to work out, but I am in a situation where I just don't know what is right.

She told me that maybe if we took the summer to get to know one another, she might be ready to be in a relationship after that but she is not sure. I don't want to have to push aside feelings for a long period of time especially if it will all be for not. I just am really lost to be honest.

Your 22 lad not 32, why on earth would you want a gf at that age?? Enjoy your freedom whilst your still young. You should be out banging biatches not into some soppy soap opera crap with a girl who cant make her mind up.

Your from the czech Republic as well?? Damn the girls are fine there not like the lardy, obese binge drinking english girls we have here. I found the exception to this thats why im in a relationship but im 28 not 22.

Or... some people enjoy being in relationships even at a young age and sleeping around really isn't their thing.

She sounds like she doesn't know what she wants to be honest mate. If you think you can be happy being friends with her then by all means get to know her, but there's a strong chance that spending time with each other without any romantic action going on will put you in the friend zone.

I think Stevo might have the right of it on this occasion. If you don't think you can just be friends with her then you need to tell her how you feel and nip it in the bud. I've been in a similar situation myself in the past and I kept telling myself that if I'm just an awesome friend to her she will see that and realise she should be with me. It didn't happen at all and I got the whole 'but I love you as a friend and wouldn't want to risk what we have,' spiel.

Obviously I'm not saying that would definitely happen, but the world is littered with yearning guys trapped in the friend zone. Telling her how you feel and saying you can't be just friends might mark the end of it, but it could make her respect you more and make her realise that maybe she should give you and her a chance. Women can be tricky creatures to figure out because they overcomplicate things and don't know what they want.

• Like 1

I am currently living in Texas and I really know no one here. I just happened to meet this woman but pure chance and she also just happened to work 5 minutes away from me, be Czech, and live only about 20 miles away from my home. She made it pretty obvious that she was attracted to me and that she would eventually want some type of relationship with me but she said that right now if we dated, she would probably just push me away in a few weeks because of current issues which she did not expand on. Apparently she has some previous issues with men that left her untrusting so she wanted to take it slower with me which I was honestly fine with. I told her that if she wanted to take a few weeks just to hang out and get to know one another, I would, but then she told me all that. But now she is wanting to make these plans with me to different parts of the US to go site seeing with her. It's all so confusing because like I said, I don't know too many people here yet and this is a chance for me to bag myself a cute girl and a potential friend to keep me entertained.

I am also not interested in just sleeping with random women. I experienced the partying life in my early 20s (not that 22 is late), but at this point I would just like a girlfriend. It so much simpler and easier. I am over the games women play with men and I just want a partner.

Â