Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Why the hell would you try and emergency-snag a girl 2 days before one of the most expensive days of the year? Madness.

I might just go out on the night of Valentine's Day, only the single ladies will be getting pissed, surely?!

Edited by Rob182

Why the hell would you try and emergency-snag a girl 2 days before one of the most expensive days of the year? Madness.

This.

Going out on Valentines Day, waiting until about 2am, and then just taking your pick of the desperate women who have realised they're going to be alone on Valentine's Day night is much cheaper.

I might just go out on the night of Valentine's Day, only the single ladies will be getting pissed, surely?!

Now you're talking sense. Go out and prey on the lonelies.

When I was at uni the student's union organised a Valentines themed night, with strippers from Playboy and Playgirl magazine. They had the girls and boys separated into adjacent rooms with the doors locked, with both getting an hour and half of stripping. I went on a whim, I wasn't single but it seemed like a laugh. I expected just boobs but we were treated to the whole shebang, I couldn't believe my luck. It was possibly one of the funniest nights of my life. People were going absolutely wild, throwing drinks all over the place. And it was exactly the same in the girls half.

When the shows had finished and they opened the doors to let the ladies and gent's mix again it reminded me of this:

Edited by PompeyVillan

When I was at uni the student's union organised a Valentines themed night, with strippers from Playboy and Playgirl magazine. They had the girls and boys separated into adjacent rooms with the doors locked, with both getting an hour and half of stripping. I went on a whim, I wasn't single but it seemed like a laugh. I expected just boobs but we were treated to the whole shebang, I couldn't believe my luck. It was possibly one of the funniest nights of my life. People were going absolutely wild, throwing drinks all over the place. And it was exactly the same in the girls half.

When the shows had finished and they opened the doors to let the ladies and gent's mix again it reminded me of this:

vVVMcI0.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I'm trying to send a message to a girl I met at a party. I just can't get over the fact that there are more reasons not to message her than there are to message her. We got on really well, or at least that's what I thought. I had numerous opportunities to ask her for her number, but didn't think of it and so I'm stuck with facebook. My plan is to just balls out ask her if she wants to go for a drink or a coffee or something. I'm thinking that forward is probably key here. Don't want to get involved in some sort of swapping messages like we are on POF. I've never really asked a random girl out before that I think I really like, usually get to know them well before dating. She's doing a PhD, so I don't know how busy she is. Should I be thinking a weekend date, or something more immediate? And if it's a weekend date when would I ask? Wednesday? The key factor in just asking her out on date is that it's simple with no possibility of overthinking it and yet here I am. I'm always brought back to the single reason to message her, 'I'd like to meet her again', and all the other reasons not to, which are all really bollocks, but it does make finalisation of the message that bit harder. Anything here to suggest that I shouldn't message her, aside from being a neurotic mess?

You're thinking too hard about it. If you like her then just ask her out, she'll tell you when she's free. That other shit you're worrying about is only worth thinking of in a hypothetical future. You will cross that bridge when you come to it, if it ever comes to that.

Don't live so much in the future. There's only one question I'd ask myself, and that is: If I don't ask her out, will I regret it? If that's a yes then just go for it. What's the worst that could happen? She says no, at least you know then and won't be a neurotic mess and constantly wondering what if.

OK so I'm trying to send a message to a girl I met at a party. I just can't get over the fact that there are more reasons not to message her than there are to message her. We got on really well, or at least that's what I thought. I had numerous opportunities to ask her for her number, but didn't think of it and so I'm stuck with facebook. My plan is to just balls out ask her if she wants to go for a drink or a coffee or something. I'm thinking that forward is probably key here. Don't want to get involved in some sort of swapping messages like we are on POF. I've never really asked a random girl out before that I think I really like, usually get to know them well before dating. She's doing a PhD, so I don't know how busy she is. Should I be thinking a weekend date, or something more immediate? And if it's a weekend date when would I ask? Wednesday? The key factor in just asking her out on date is that it's simple with no possibility of overthinking it and yet here I am. I'm always brought back to the single reason to message her, 'I'd like to meet her again', and all the other reasons not to, which are all really bollocks, but it does make finalisation of the message that bit harder. Anything here to suggest that I shouldn't message her, aside from being a neurotic mess?

As Ginko said, you are thinking about it too much! Don't worry about weekday/weekend etc just find out if she wants to go for a coffee/lunch first. The rest is detail that can follow once she says yes! Just keep the message brief, light and and fairly direct. 

Shot down

Oh well, we pick ourselves up and we go again

Better than not asking her and then feeling as if she 'got away. Now that you've been rejected you're well within your rights to send her a picture of your cock and balls as a sorta 'this is what you could have had'. 

Â