Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Shot down

Oh well, we pick ourselves up and we go again

Bad luck! What was her response? Already got a fella?

Yeah I believe it's known as letting me down easy. 'kinda seeing someone'

I suggested that the ideal solution was for her to stop seeing him and start seeing me. Not expecting that to yield major results

Message her back and say "Well I guess I'll have to take someone else to Paris"

THen if she changes her mind, call her a fickle, gold digging whore.

Then you can guilt trip her into accompanying you on the most awkward date of all time.

• Like 1

Ah, one of my favourite episodes.

I think Dennis is my favourite character. The episode with the gloryhole in the bathroom when Danny Devito is in the stall and you see a suspicious looking shadow start to approach from his left always has me in stitches.

You should have told her you love her, straight out of the pen.

Girls love being told that you love them.

This, or tearing your head off on webcam. While crying.

• 1 month later...

Met a new girl. She's batshit insane. Think Marla from Fight Club. I met her on a night out and we ended up staying together for the next 24 hours. I think I like her. Going to meet her again this week. Going to end in a ball of flames, but for now I'll enjoy it

Met a new girl. She's batshit insane. Think Marla from Fight Club. I met her on a night out and we ended up staying together for the next 24 hours. I think I like her. Going to meet her again this week. Going to end in a ball of flames, but for now I'll enjoy it

I think you should marry her or shave her head...or both, make her a bald bride, she sounds like she's up for it.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Well shit....

I sent this new girl a text last night asking her if she fancied doing something today. She asked what I had in mind and I said that I didn't know just general hanging out and I asked her how free she was for the day...

And no reply. Which is balls. This is a crazy gorgeous girl. Told me on numerous occasions while I moped hungover around her house all day after the night before that she liked me and would like to see me again, even if it was just as fuckbuddies. Which I would be perfectly happy with, naturally.

So tonight I send her another text (I know, I know, maybe don't text again if you don't get a reply, but ffs we're adults...) saying, 'so that's a no on tonight then..?' And no reply...

This is more than a bit annoying. Hopefully tomorrow will yield some kind of a reply, even if it's a 'yeah I've gotten back with my ex' reply. The silence is just strange. Replied immediately to my first message and then nothing afterwards. She said she was a poor texter, but this is beyond bad texting.

Yeah so I'm done texting I suppose. Hope springs eternal that she's out of credit, or her phone was stolen, or she's gotten amnesia, but Occam's Razor at the moment dictates that she's just not that into me and it was a one night/all the next afternoon thing. Disappointing compared to what I was hoping for. Maybe I'll get a text the next time she's out. I won't be holding my breath though.

Still though, I managed to pull an absolute stunner, so it's not impossible I'll do it again

Well shit....

I sent this new girl a text last night asking her if she fancied doing something today. She asked what I had in mind and I said that I didn't know just general hanging out and I asked her how free she was for the day...

And no reply. Which is balls. This is a crazy gorgeous girl. Told me on numerous occasions while I moped hungover around her house all day after the night before that she liked me and would like to see me again, even if it was just as fuckbuddies. Which I would be perfectly happy with, naturally.

So tonight I send her another text (I know, I know, maybe don't text again if you don't get a reply, but ffs we're adults...) saying, 'so that's a no on tonight then..?' And no reply...

This is more than a bit annoying. Hopefully tomorrow will yield some kind of a reply, even if it's a 'yeah I've gotten back with my ex' reply. The silence is just strange. Replied immediately to my first message and then nothing afterwards. She said she was a poor texter, but this is beyond bad texting.

Yeah so I'm done texting I suppose. Hope springs eternal that she's out of credit, or her phone was stolen, or she's gotten amnesia, but Occam's Razor at the moment dictates that she's just not that into me and it was a one night/all the next afternoon thing. Disappointing compared to what I was hoping for. Maybe I'll get a text the next time she's out. I won't be holding my breath though.

Still though, I managed to pull an absolute stunner, so it's not impossible I'll do it again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzp1XlHiJWA

Well shit....

Small tip, I think girls tend to hate this kind of indecision.

They'd much rather you said "I fancy going for a meal" or "I'm taking you to the funfair" or whatever.

Think of something she'd like to do and suggest it. If she doesn't want to do it then she doesn't want to do it. But I think they'd rather you made a decision than just say you don't know, or "what do you want to do?" or something like that.

"general hanging out" probably translates, in her head, to "I want to **** you". Which I'm sure is true, but she doesn't want to hear that.

Â