Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Well shit....

I sent this new girl a text last night asking her if she fancied doing something today. She asked what I had in mind and I said that I didn't know just general hanging out and I asked her how free she was for the day...

Small tip, I think girls tend to hate this kind of indecision.

They'd much rather you said "I fancy going for a meal" or "I'm taking you to the funfair" or whatever.

Think of something she'd like to do and suggest it. If she doesn't want to do it then she doesn't want to do it. But I think they'd rather you made a decision than just say you don't know, or "what do you want to do?" or something like that.

"general hanging out" probably translates, in her head, to "I want to **** you". Which I'm sure is true, but she doesn't want to hear that.

Yep. It also suggests zero effort on your part. Like you're a bit bored, nowt to do, so let's meet up and do nothing/have sex. 

Wimmin (generalising) tend to want to feel a bit special, and like you've made some effort for them.

Well shit....

I sent this new girl a text last night asking her if she fancied doing something today. She asked what I had in mind and I said that I didn't know just general hanging out and I asked her how free she was for the day...

Small tip, I think girls tend to hate this kind of indecision.

They'd much rather you said "I fancy going for a meal" or "I'm taking you to the funfair" or whatever.

Think of something she'd like to do and suggest it. If she doesn't want to do it then she doesn't want to do it. But I think they'd rather you made a decision than just say you don't know, or "what do you want to do?" or something like that.

"general hanging out" probably translates, in her head, to "I want to **** you". Which I'm sure is true, but she doesn't want to hear that.

That's probably about right, just I wasn't able to go for drinks because I've got stuff to do this week so I couldn't suggest that. Really what I suggested to her was lying on grass somewhere because it was probably going to be fairly nice out.

Anyway... update. Her reply texts yesterday didn't arrive because she was in a castiron library. The texts were to say that she is busy with exams this week so can't meet, but we've been texting all day and agreed to meet this weekend, due to time constraints, for the end part of a date.

Going to be going to bed tonight in a very different frame of mind

• Like 3

I'm close to giving up. Maybe I just need a shag rather than a relationship.

If you go out looking for it, you will never find it.

I spent 7 years bouncing between girls, looking for "the one", I was usually dumped after a few weeks, which meant id spend Friday and Saturday out on the pull with the "ill show you what your going to miss" attitude, id meet someone and a few weeks later I was being given the its not you, its me speech again. I went out one Friday night determined to get pissed and nothing more , that Friday I ended up meeting the girl I have been with for 4 years, share a house with, share a life with.

Stop looking. It will find you.

It, being a relationship that you spend 40 minutes in IKEA on a Saturday arguing over which isle is being served quicker and dealing with the gradual rejection of your friends in favor of hers.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 4

I spent 7 years bouncing between girls, looking for "the one", I was usually dumped after a few weeks, which meant id spend Friday and Saturday out on the pull with the "ill show you what your going to miss" attitude, id meet someone and a few weeks later I was being given the its not you, its me speech again. I went out one Friday night determined to get pissed and nothing more , that Friday I ended up meeting the girl I have been with for 4 years, share a house with, share a life with.

It, being a relationship that you spend 40 minutes in IKEA on a Saturday arguing over which isle is being served quicker and dealing with the gradual rejection of your friends in favor of hers.

Easier said than done though. I've been bouncing around for a few years now and getting bored within a week. Sometimes I've ended it others it was the girl.

I seem to meet completely the wrong type of girl all the time. I dunno. Just fed up with it all now and i guess it shows in my attitude a bit which I realise is off putting but yet its hard to hide.

Oh and to my shame I love going to IKEA

Easier said than done though. I've been bouncing around for a few years now and getting bored within a week. Sometimes I've ended it others it was the girl.

I seem to meet completely the wrong type of girl all the time. I dunno. Just fed up with it all now and i guess it shows in my attitude a bit which I realise is off putting but yet its hard to hide.

Oh and to my shame I love going to IKEA

Well, what's the "right type" of girl and what's been so wrong with the wrong type? Maybe it's easier to figure out. Also, don't try so hard. Duh. :)

Â