Non-League Footy

hogso

The guy who scored is 6ft 9. Tallest player in the top 5 leagues.  He barely had to jump, it was the first ball they got anywhere near his noggin. 

I can't process how big he is. I had a mate who was 6ft 7 and he was unfeasibly tall to me, this guy has another 2 inches on him. 

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

They (Grimsby fans) raised £20k in a fundraiser to cover costs for more fans to attend. 

Fair play to them taking so many, £45 a ticket for a non-league game is absolutely **** obscene. It's a big game, but FA Trophy final tickets at Wembley were much cheaper. The National league are properly gouging the fans.

• Like 3

Mental to think the Moors are 45 minutes away from being in the EFL!

I confess I haven’t been following the National League closely this season so I can’t really understand why Grimsby seem to be playing the better football. They were 10 points below The Moors in the league and lost twice to them in league games.

Guess the Moors are just nervous at the enormity of the opportunity.

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Mental to think the Moors are 45 minutes away from being in the EFL!

I confess I haven’t been following the National League closely this season so I can’t really understand why Grimsby seem to be playing the better football. They were 10 points below The Moors in the league and lost twice to them in league games.

Guess the Moors are just nervous at the enormity of the opportunity.

Grimsby put 5 past Wrexham last week.

Plenty of good teams in national league now with all the money swirling around, really should be three teams getting promoted.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I’m also amazed at how blatant the pro-Grimsby bias is with the commentators. 

It’s just like watching a Villa match on the telly!

Solihull have been a sideshow in the whole coverage to be honest. 

Not surprising though. Grimsby are a far bigger club. And they've just equalised! 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Solihull have been a sideshow in the whole coverage to be honest. 

Not surprising though. Grimsby are a far bigger club. And they've just equalised! 

The stories I heard about Grimsvy relegation squad you can tell why they get some media support. 

Basically was a bunch of pissheads who downed tools after the pisshead manager got sacked 

The story about Dorking Wanderers is incredible. The manager Marc White, owner and manager of the club, founded Dorking Wanderers in 1999 by him and a group of mates who just wanted a kick about on a hire pitch for £50. Playing in the West Sussex district league, 12 promotions in around 10 years  and now playing in the National League. Just incredible.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â