Non-League Footy

hogso

On 28/04/2019 at 09:11, StewieGriffin said:

Solihull Moors threw that league away - had some poor results around March which has cost them top spot. Fingers crossed for the playoffs

Not sure what to think about Moors. Quite a lot of the blosers I know seemingly try and claim them as 'their' non-league club. 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Not sure what to think about Moors. Quite a lot of the blosers I know seemingly try and claim them as 'their' non-league club. 

You don’t know what to think about them because some Blues fans follow them? The ****?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You don’t know what to think about them because some Blues fans follow them? The ****?

It's not that. It's just most of the blues fans I know talk 70% about villa and 29% about Moors. I dont want to go and watch them and be potentially surrounded by trogdolytes supporting their '2nd club' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/04/2019 at 22:04, VillaJ100 said:

It's not that. It's just most of the blues fans I know talk 70% about villa and 29% about Moors. I dont want to go and watch them and be potentially surrounded by trogdolytes supporting their '2nd club' 

To be fair, I used to go watch them a bit when Villa weren’t playing and it can be a bit like this. Most notable was probably the Blackpool cup game on BT Sport where Dion went in with the Moors fans for TV at half time and the fans chose to give a loud rendition of “sh1t on the Villa” in one of the biggest games in the club’s history. 

It’s pretty sad really and suffice to say I haven’t been back to watch them since despite living down the road from them. Does seem like a bit of a mini SHA atmosphere there a lot of the time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

To be fair, I used to go watch them a bit when Villa weren’t playing and it can be a bit like this. Most notable was probably the Blackpool cup game on BT Sport where Dion went in with the Moors fans for TV at half time and the fans chose to give a loud rendition of “sh1t on the Villa” in one of the biggest games in the club’s history. 

It’s pretty sad really and suffice to say I haven’t been back to watch them since despite living down the road from them. Does seem like a bit of a mini SHA atmosphere there a lot of the time.  

I’ve seen them quite a few times and never experienced it - but that would be more a reflection on Blues fans than Moors I guess. Me and a couple of mates follow them as we’re mixed Blues/Villa fans and Moors gives us common supporting ground 😎.

Playing against the original non-league money club today to try and reach the playoff final. Big. 

My local team Horsham got promoted to the Bostik Premier via the playoffs last night.  Moving to a new ground this summer too, after a long time of difficulties on and off the pitch things are looking bright.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

Bromsgrove Sporting promoted today.

Beat Sutton in the playoffs last week I think?

I used to have a soft spot for Bromsgrove Rovers back in th day so good to see Sporting do well. 

14 hours ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Crowd of 2943 at Bromsgrove today for the play off final. Onwards and upwards. Three consecutive promotions now 

Yep, just shy of 3000 attendance which at this level is fantastic for non-league. A few local derbies in store for next season, Alvechurch & Stourbridge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Must be some sort of record this. Bangor City FC got taken over by the VSM 'gang' that nearly killed a few clubs including Chester City.

Sure enough 'financial irregularities' saw them fail the accountancy criteria and get relegated out of the Welsh Prem into the Cymru Alliance. VSM vowed to be out of the Cymru Alliance in a year.

Good to their word, they finished 4th, but have just had a 42 point deduction which now relegates them to the third tier.

The third tier in north wales essentially being office workers that fancy a game after work and all agree to wear the same colour.

It has delighted the fans who hope it will potentially cause the owners to **** off. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Must be some sort of record this. Bangor City FC got taken over by the VSM 'gang' that nearly killed a few clubs including Chester City.

Sure enough 'financial irregularities' saw them fail the accountancy criteria and get relegated out of the Welsh Prem into the Cymru Alliance. VSM vowed to be out of the Cymru Alliance in a year.

Good to their word, they finished 4th, but have just had a 42 point deduction which now relegates them to the third tier.

The third tier in north wales essentially being office workers that fancy a game after work and all agree to wear the same colour.

It has delighted the fans who hope it will potentially cause the owners to **** off. 

Amazing, and yet there were no repercussions for someone running on the pitch and punching one of our players.

Shows where the focus is these days, all about the financials.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Amazing, and yet there were no repercussions for someone running on the pitch and punching one of our players.

Shows where the focus is these days, all about the financials.

Do you think there should be an impact for the club?  If it wasn't Blues, would you think the same?  It's a tough one because obviously it can't happen but, similarly, I don't know what can be done once a supporter gets on the pitch.  The punishment probably needs to sit on the supporter rather than the club involved.  If not, does it only matter if a player is assaulted?  Should Arsenal have been docked points?

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Do you think there should be an impact for the club?  If it wasn't Blues, would you think the same?  It's a tough one because obviously it can't happen but, similarly, I don't know what can be done once a supporter gets on the pitch.  The punishment probably needs to sit on the supporter rather than the club involved.  If not, does it only matter if a player is assaulted?  Should Arsenal have been docked points?

Yes I do.

We were fined for people running on the pitch to celebrate, as others have been in the past. They escaped punishment with people running on the pitch to cause violence.

If no one is punished how do you set a precedent for dealing with future instances?

It could have been anyone, the fact that it was the shite is somewhat irrelevant.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes I do.

We were fined for people running on the pitch to celebrate, as others have been in the past. They escaped punishment with people running on the pitch to cause violence.

If no one is punished how do you set a precedent for dealing with future instances?

It could have been anyone, the fact that it was the shite is somewhat irrelevant.

I’d assume the precedent was already set after a Leeds fan attacked Chris Kirkland - but I get the point. 

Should you really punish a club for the actions of one individual? Should we be fined for a fan running onto the pitch and taunting Sheff Weds fans? Should Sheff Weds be fined as it was their ground? Would it encourage Bluenoses to pretend to be Villa fans, go to a game and run on the pitch and assault a player to get Villa points docked?

I think it’s a real tough one to judge. 

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

I’d assume the precedent was already set after a Leeds fan attacked Chris Kirkland - but I get the point. 

Should you really punish a club for the actions of one individual? Should we be fined for a fan running onto the pitch and taunting Sheff Weds fans? Should Sheff Weds be fined as it was their ground? Would it encourage Bluenoses to pretend to be Villa fans, go to a game and run on the pitch and assault a player to get Villa points docked?

I think it’s a real tough one to judge. 

Punishing clubs because of fans has always been a thing. Hell, all English clubs were banned from Europe because of Liverpool fans in the 80's.

Clubs have had to play games behind closed doors because of the actions of some fans before. 

It's an incentive for fans not to misbehave. Paul Mitchell is a hero to some Blues fans now. The only repercussion was that he spent a few weeks in jail. I'd bet plenty of fans would risk that to gain that sort of infamy.

It's like punishing your classmates for something you did.They don't deserve it, but it makes them hate you for whatever you did.

If Blues got docked points for Mitchell's actions, the fans would hate him (or there would be more chance of them hating him) and none of them would want to do anything similar if they knew it would hurt the club.

As it stands, a lot of them absolutely love him. And I'd bet nobody has exactly been put off doing it again.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Punishing clubs because of fans has always been a thing. Hell, all English clubs were banned from Europe because of Liverpool fans in the 80's.

Clubs have had to play games behind closed doors because of the actions of some fans before. 

This is all true, but it's been when it's a significant number of fans, it's a tough one when it's one lone bellend.

I don't recall us being punished when that idiot threw a coin at Redknapp but his the assistant, for example.

• Like 1

Â