Non-League Footy

hogso

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Scunthorpe United on the brink of collapse

link

The club has no money, the owner has refused to put any more in. They said they’d play their remaining games down the road at Gainsborough Trinity only for Gainsborough to say no such agreement is in place.

Absolute farce.

To be honest, it’s hard to be too sympathetic with them. First game of the season they played Tamworth and trashed the town before wreaking chaos at the ground. Fighting, throwing objects, pitch invasions, flares, the lot.

This owner by the way appears to be a real lower-league comic-book villain. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This owner by the way appears to be a real lower-league comic-book villain. 

There’s no way the fit and proper persons check could possibly have known he started using a different name, his fourth, in 2015 after a conviction and 2 year sentence for fraud.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tamworth (closing in on the National League North title) are live on TNT Sports 3 at 12:30 KO if anyone wants to watch.

They have struggled since January when Walsall signed their best midfielder (Jamie Jellis) but should hopefully get over the line.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tamworth (closing in on the National League North title) are live on TNT Sports 3 at 12:30 KO if anyone wants to watch.

They have struggled since January when Walsall signed their best midfielder (Jamie Jellis) but should hopefully get over the line.

I’m going to watch Warrington play Scunthorpe today in the same division, which is mental because around a decade or so ago the teams were about 6 or 7 divisions apart.

Although they’ve had almost a full season in the division now I think Scunthorpe are in for a bit of a shock when they see the ground and especially the undulating pitch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Apologies to anyone who took my advice, it’s a dreadful game so far.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Ahhh just seen this! 😃 I  mentioned it in another thread. Ignore me. 

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apologies to anyone who took my advice, it’s a dreadful game so far.

tbf it's to be expected to a certain degree.

It's step 2 level so it's only going to be at a certain standard.

That said, Tamworth are pissing the league and barring a disaster, they're sure for promoation. It will be great to see them in the National League next season.

At the time of posting they've just gone 1 up.

1-1 for Tamworth. 2 points dropped methinks. Still should have enough to get up - home to the bottom team on Good Friday. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

1-1 for Tamworth. 2 points dropped methinks. Still should have enough to get up - home to the bottom team on Good Friday. 

7 points needed (max) from 5 games. They should do it… but you never know.

Ventured into the ninth tier yesterday to watch Bewdley Town lose 3-0 at home to Wolverhampton Casuals. Went with two other people, and in doing so increased the attendance by about 10%!

Losing 3-0 at home might sound like a bad result, but it's arguably a better result than average for a Bewdley side who must be having one of the worst seasons in recorded football history:

mfleague.png

On 23/03/2024 at 13:40, AVFC_Hitz said:

My home town of Chesterfield hoping to finally get back in the league today.

• Thanks 1

Went to watch Tamworth today, they won 3-0 and have 89 points with 4 games to play. Theres one other side with a game in hand (Chorley) that can get to 89 if they win all 5 remaining games and overhaul the 17 GD margin.

It’s an bit annoying that they couldn’t celebrate being champions at home today because of a very unlikely set of scenarios.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Went to watch Tamworth today, they won 3-0 and have 89 points with 4 games to play. Theres one other side with a game in hand (Chorley) that can get to 89 if they win all 5 remaining games and overhaul the 17 GD margin.

It’s an bit annoying that they couldn’t celebrate being champions at home today because of a very unlikely set of scenarios.

Excellent result. I did think about going today with a mate, but was feeling the effects of too many after work pints last night! 

• Like 1

Â