Non-League Footy

hogso

11 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

6 of them had to show up for work this morning :D

On to Partizan Belgrade who are managed by Savo apparently.

just looking its his 1st manager job as well. Dwight Yorke is somewhere fuming that Partizan never gave him an interview

• 3 months later...

A couple of weeks ago I had a mini rant at the football because someone brought along a flag I didn’t like. Now, I’m all for flags, they add a splash of colour and make a crowd of 10 look like 15.

But this relatively new guy brought along a Cardiff City / Barry Town half n half flag. I let it be known I was disappointed. I’m usually pretty much an inclusive type but he got me on the wrong day. Anyway, I sort of caught myself out ‘cos I ended up walking over the other side of the ground to disassociate myself from it. But that meant I spent the whole second half **** looking at it.

Anyway, yesterday, I can only presume it was some sort of karma thing for my lack of generosity to the last flag, some other bloke brought this:

ah yes, the Derby County St George’s cross Barry Town mash up flag.

EHUZw7NXUAULWg9?format=jpg&name=large

• Confused 1

• 3 months later...

Had a couple of new grounds ticks in last week

Last week, Whitby Town FC. One of the closest grounds to the sea i'd imagine?

whitby-town-v-nantwich-town.jpg

Today was Buxton FC, the highest ground above sea level in the country

image.jpg

Nice towns, good beer, ok football and friggin' cold winds! 

9/10. WB. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52376408

Former Welsh champions Rhyl FC are set to close down after 141 years of existence.

The north Wales side confirmed they had begun a winding-up process, with directors citing the financial impact of the coronavirus crisis.

"This is a very emotional day for everyone connected with the club," said chairman Paul Higginson. "We are all fans and feel it deeply."

The four-time Welsh Cup winners play in the second-tier Cymru North.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

When my club went bubble a few years back they threw fake fivers on the pitch in front of our guys that were playing for free.

So **** ‘em.

Nah, they’ll be back in another guise, hopefully built on a more sustainable model. The bigger loss is actually the number of fans they can attract on a good day and the ground they rent, as it is Euro quality so it helps a lot of the North Wales teams play their European adventures fairly close to home.

If there’s not a new club that is willing to pay £24,000 a year to rent Belle Vue, it’ll end up being a housing estate.

• Sad 1

UEFA have decided that leagues should be completed if they can be. Where they can’t, then they should be resolved on ‘sporting merit’. Which I believe will crudely translate as no place for teams in cups as its too random, league points per game used to allocate European qualification. Currently 4th with euro places given to top 3 plus cup winner. No cup, revert to top 4 for euro places.

Which would put my lot in Europe. So as far as I’m concerned, ideal scenario, lockdown extends long enough for season (or at least the Welsh Cup) to be written off, but that decision made early enough that there is European football!

Easy.

I’d have to admit, even just abandoning the euro qualifying rounds and bunging the minnows some compensation would be an absolute life saver. 

• 3 months later...

This year’s Euro extravaganza will be a single away game in the Faroe Islands.

We haven’t played since 7th March, they are mid season with home advantage. 

But hey, we’re in it, so we could win it. It’s actually potentially fairer as it’s one leg and it’s easier to pull off a shock in 90 minutes than over two legs.

Ee_TVIOWoAMDyay?format=jpg&name=medium

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This year’s Euro extravaganza will be a single away game in the Faroe Islands.

We haven’t played since 7th March, they are mid season with home advantage. 

But hey, we’re in it, so we could win it. It’s actually potentially fairer as it’s one leg and it’s easier to pull off a shock in 90 minutes than over two legs.

Ee_TVIOWoAMDyay?format=jpg&name=medium

I think Uefa should keep away goals for these games 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2020 at 12:15, VILLAMARV said:

I was just following up on this, they have been replaced by a "new" club, "CPD Y Rhyl 1879", with the same owner, same managing director, same stadium. Bit of a piss take!

It doesn't seem it's confirmed which tier they'll start playing in next season.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was just following up on this, they have been replaced by a "new" club, "CPD Y Rhyl 1879", with the same owner, same managing director, same stadium. Bit of a piss take!

It doesn't seem it's confirmed which tier they'll start playing in next season.

The tiers were being redefined this year, lots of forced promotions and relegations due to ground criteria and academy set up and general admin.

A few clubs have been put in a league, and then folded over the summer due to Covid and a lack.of income. So they sort the pyramuddle, then someone folds and they have to shuffle again.

Rhyl should drop a few leagues, but they have a good ground, so it’s a bit of a mess.

Try to imagine the mafia, but run on a budget of £8.50, by the chuckle brothers, wearing blazers. That’s the Welsh Leagues Management Committee.

Drita (Kosovo) vs Linfield (NI) has just been called off, two kosovan players tested positive and so the game cannot be played.

Next round is next week, so result has to go to arbitration.

Barry play in Faroe Islands in 9 days time - Faroe League has just been suspended due to a rise in cases. Winner of that game has another round game 7 days later... in Scotland, where 4 teams have just been stopped from playing.

This is going to be carnage.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Paywall article so can't read the full details.

All three National League divisions likely to terminate season as early as this week

All three divisions of the National League are likely to vote to terminate the season as early as this week rather than take on loans from the government’s rescue package, according to club representatives.

The National League will send out resolutions this week to all 66 clubs asking them to vote on whether to continue the season, or end it without any promotion or relegation.

The £11 million rescue package follows a £10 million bailout in the autumn but the difference is that this one is available only as loans to the majority of clubs.

Steve Thompson, the managing director of Dagenham & Redbridge and a National League board member, said many clubs believe they would be better off terminating the season and using the

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/all-three-national-league-divisions-likely-to-terminate-season-as-early-as-this-week-rr7lxqfd7

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

After Villa, my 2nd team is Aldershot Town which is much more local than Villa for me, but I was so pleased they beat Notts County 3-1 at home yesterday to maintain their status in the National League for next season. I’ve been supporting Villa and Aldershot for many years, but I’ve always liked watching non league football whenever Villa aren’t playing.

Which non league team do you support?

Don't really support a team but always keep an eye out for Kiddy and Tamworth results. 

Tamworth seem to have fallen on hard times recently. 

Despite family ties to Moor Green and the Ian Taylor connection and the fact that Solihull Borough are an ex client of mine, and the fact I live in Solihull, I can't get into Solihull Moors for obvious reasons. 

Warrington Town, been to watch them a few times since moving up here, their ground is a short walk from my house.

They’re in the playoff final on Monday for promotion to the conference north (or whatever it’s called now), playing Scarborough.

Â