Non-League Footy

hogso

Just now, Xela said:

Excellent result. I did think about going today with a mate, but was feeling the effects of too many after work pints last night! 

I have tickets for Brackley away on Monday. Only a point needed (Or even a loss if Chorley drop points). Should be a good day out! 

That's great stuff from Tamworth.

Only live 15 minutes away and have fond memories of seeing their ground whenever going to the Snowdome years back.

Andy Peaks is a top manager at that level, might be a few from the leagues above having a look.

Will probably struggle like Kiddy have back in the top non league division but will get some good away crowds next season with likes of Oldham.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have tickets for Brackley away on Monday. Only a point needed (Or even a loss if Chorley drop points). Should be a good day out! 

Not a bad place, went there a few years back to watch FCUM play there. Parking isn't too bad by the ground from memory. 

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not a bad place, went there a few years back to watch FCUM play there. Parking isn't too bad by the ground from memory. 

That’s good to know as I am driving and have no idea what is nearby. Hopefully the BH traffic is kind.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Andy Peaks is a top manager at that level, might be a few from the leagues above having a look.

We were chatting about this today. Tamworth were in a proper mess when he took over, flirting with going down and playing awful football. 
To immediately turn that into back-to-back promotions is incredible. If I were an owner of an EFL club I’d give him and his team serious consideration.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

We were chatting about this today. Tamworth were in a proper mess when he took over, flirting with going down and playing awful football. 
To immediately turn that into back-to-back promotions is incredible. If I were an owner of an EFL club I’d give him and his team serious consideration.

He got a couple of promotions at Rushden and Diamonds (remember them) aswell so I think he could be on the radar of some of the bigger national league clubs but you'd like to see him stay at Tamworth and see how competitive he can get them in probably a weaker national league than last five years as potentially Sutton and Forest Green coming back down are sides returning to their natural level and they won't be moneybags like Wrexham and Chesterfield were.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

Tamworth having a wobble and are 2 down to 4th place Brackley.

Tamworth only needed a point from the last 4 games, or Chorley to drop any points.

I went to the game today at Brackley and Tamworth were utterly atrocious. 1 down after 2 minutes. 2 down after 12 minutes. Only 1 shot on goal I can remember. Could barely string 2 passes together. Second best to absolutely everything.

It finished 3-0 and Chorley won their game so on it goes. It might work out better to secure it on Saturday anyway at home. Last season the title was won away from home. I’m sure it’s 10x better doing it in front of the home fans.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Tamworth only needed a point from the last 4 games, or Chorley to drop any points.

I went to the game today at Brackley and Tamworth were utterly atrocious. 1 down after 2 minutes. 2 down after 12 minutes. Only 1 shot on goal I can remember. Could barely string 2 passes together. Second best to absolutely everything.

It finished 3-0 and Chorley won their game so on it goes. It might work out better to secure it on Saturday anyway at home. Last season the title was won away from home. I’m sure it’s 10x better doing it in front of the home fans.

fair play👏

i really hope that get promoted

• Like 1

Just now, imavillan said:

fair play👏

i really hope that get promoted

It would be be of the biggest collapses in football history if they fail. I hope they do it on Saturday at home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

It's non league so they probably had a bevy or ten in the spoons after the game on Friday. 😂 They'll be fine and as you say in an ideal world you'd always want to achieve something significant in a home game e.g. would be amazing to seal CL qualification at home to Liverpool.

• Like 1

Kidderminster Harriers still clinging on to their National League place, just about. Phil Brown came in a few months ago and has a decent record taking over from Russ Penn. 

They beat top of the league Chesterfield 3-1 away yesterday in an unexpected win keeping them in touch with the teams above them. Would be a huge turnaround if they do manage to survive! 

Today could be the day that Tamworth get promoted to the National League.

Home to Warrington and only 1 point required.

It would be good if they could do it in front of their own fans although i'd expect there to be a few nervous players out there today.

Good luck to them. I hope they do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, imavillan said:

Today could be the day that Tamworth get promoted to the National League.

Home to Warrington and only 1 point required.

It would be good if they could do it in front of their own fans although i'd expect there to be a few nervous players out there today.

Good luck to them. I hope they do it.

They got it done. Only the second team in history to get back-to-back promotions to the Conference National

IMG-4954.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like a little bit of a mess with the national league playoffs. Gateshead finished in a playoff position but have been told they wouldn't be allowed in League 2 after an issue securing a lease with their stadium. So now they won't be allowed to take part in the playoffs. The national league then gave Solihull Moors a bye to the semi final before changing their mind and awarding the bye to Altrincham.

Edited by villan95

8 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

They must have known weeks/months ago that Gateshead weren't going to be eligible

They had a cutoff point of sometime in March and then an appeal failed. It seems Gateshead and the Council didn’t sort themselves out for whatever reason.

Â