Non-League Footy

hogso

Last league game of the season for us today. League already won by 18 points, so we played a lot of the academy guys. At 73 minutes in we were losing 1:0 which would have been our first loss since August. 3 academy subbed off, 3 first teamers on, final score 1:2.

So, back in the Welsh Prem next year, which I’m kind of meh neutral about. There’s a chance of europe which is always brilliant, but the WP is a shit format where you play a small number of teams over and over again. We’ve won games 8:3 this season, that’ll get replaced with 1:0’s next year.

Yup, that’s me sort of moaning about promotion.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to my local side today. Warrington Town are in their third straight playoff final, hopefully third time lucky.

The 2,000 available tickets sold out in no time and before I could get one, if they win they’ll go into the National League North and a good chance they’d be playing Scunthorpe next season following their relegation from the National League, pretty mad given the gulf in the two clubs’ histories and stature.

• Like 2

Oh, over in the midweek football thread Andy must have accidentally missed out the mighty Woking in the fixtures list.

National League play-off quarter-final tonight. :s Against that massive Bromley. So this season we have to win three play-off ties, not just two (to be in the promised land for the first time ever in our history). Three! 🙁 So an even harder task this time and harder still with one of the teams being the 107 points Notts County. Anyway, go on Woking ! 🤞

Edited by robby b

Hashtag United win the Istmian south east to move into the Istmian Prem next season. In theory 3 steps from the EFL which is an incredible achievement. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Huge game for my local side Kiddy Harriers tomorrow - National League North Play Off Final vs Brackley. Shame the venue isn’t somewhere bigger - even Aggborough would have been better. 

Harriers head into the game after winning 8 in a row to surge into the play offs on the last day and then beating Alfreton away in the eliminator. They followed that up by smashing favourites Kings Lynn. 

Real hope they can return to the National League this weekend! 🤞🤞

• Like 1

On 22/04/2023 at 18:53, robby b said:

If Tamworth FC have been made aware of a section of Tamworth fans (hopefully just a small minority?) calling the Nuneaton manager's wife "a slag" in a song but haven't addressed it then that would be out of order. I do hope they have publicly and strongly denounced this incident, e.g. on the club website for a start and maybe on Twitter too.

As for those people singing that, and I really hope there weren't many of them, how disgusting. And to think that on top of that she and her two young daughters were actually there in the stadium to hear that song. I'm totally dismayed. This kind of thing along with fights put me off continuing to go and see the sport I love.

Wait.   The Nuneaton manager is married to Karen Brady? 

• Thanks 1

On 13/05/2023 at 16:04, villan-scott said:

Huge game for my local side Kiddy Harriers tomorrow - National League North Play Off Final vs Brackley. Shame the venue isn’t somewhere bigger - even Aggborough would have been better. 

Harriers head into the game after winning 8 in a row to surge into the play offs on the last day and then beating Alfreton away in the eliminator. They followed that up by smashing favourites Kings Lynn. 

Real hope they can return to the National League this weekend! 🤞🤞

Congrats, great weekend for you.

• Thanks 1

Spare a thought for Bishop’s Stortford fans, despite being only 12 miles outside of London they’ve been placed in the National League North division for next season, looking at regular 200+ mile trips away.

This was due to an imbalance in the sides relegated and promoted, geographically speaking.

• Shocked 4

On 16/05/2023 at 21:56, bannedfromHandV said:

Spare a thought for Bishop’s Stortford fans, despite being only 12 miles outside of London they’ve been placed in the National League North division for next season, looking at regular 200+ mile trips away.

This was due to an imbalance in the sides relegated and promoted, geographically speaking.

For clubs this is crap , so much outlay for away games and very less income for home as not many travelling fans so not much atmosphere even keeps the home fans away as it’s boring.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Halftime in Europa Conference League qualifying second round action. YSN or TNS (or franchise utd as our resident Barry contingent may affectionately know them) have scored a cic o'r smotin away in Luxembourg to level the tie 1-1 on the night (2-2 on agg)

Haverfordwest County play on Thursday in their second leg of the second round of qualifying (1-2 down after an away loss in the Faroe Islands) after being the only Welsh club to win last time out as Connahs Quay Nomads and Penybont both went out in the first round. (TNS lost in Champions League qualifying and entered the champions bit of the qualifiers in the second round as CL losers)

Just over 170k of extra prize money up for grabs if they make it through

TNS go out but £525k better off - Penybont and Connahs Quay get £129k each

Haverfordwest have £300k so far

They all have costly away trips to pay for of course but it's gotta help at this level

Edited by VILLAMARV

• 3 weeks later...

Weston v Slough for me, my Dad and my 2 lads today. 

Weston got promoted back to Conference South for this season & we've made a great start, 3 wins out of 3, including humping Bath City 6-2 away in midweek. 

Slough have lost all 3 so expecting them to beat us 😂

Should be a decent crowd, I reckon around a 1,000, just a bit worried the bloody M5 is going to cause us a few issues. Only takes 20mins to get to Weston for us but the motorway has been living hell since the school holidays began & if anything happens, we don't have alternative routes down here in Somerset, everything ends up going into the small, local towns and it's absolute carnage. 

Looking forward to a pint in the sun though!! 

• 1 month later...

Scunthorpe United on the brink of collapse

What has happened to Scunthorpe United? 

Scunthorpe have been in financial dismay for multiple years and have experienced a total collapse on the pitch, leading to three relegations. 

The Iron owe money to former players and the EFL as well as needing to pay outstanding tax bills and County Court Judgements. 

All of those issues reached a head this week as bills continued to be unpaid, loyal fans were banned from matches and the club were kicked out of their stadium. 

A statement confirmed that owner Hilton is now looking for ‘a way out’ and that he will no longer be providing funds for the club.

link

The club has no money, the owner has refused to put any more in. They said they’d play their remaining games down the road at Gainsborough Trinity only for Gainsborough to say no such agreement is in place.

Absolute farce.

To be honest, it’s hard to be too sympathetic with them. First game of the season they played Tamworth and trashed the town before wreaking chaos at the ground. Fighting, throwing objects, pitch invasions, flares, the lot.

On 03/05/2023 at 17:51, StefanAVFC said:

Hashtag United win the Istmian south east to move into the Istmian Prem next season. In theory 3 steps from the EFL which is an incredible achievement. 

Been meaning to watch these on YouTube, is it good content?

Â