Non-League Footy

hogso

10 hours ago, robby b said:

I think you lot will maintain the hoodoo with a win yet again! 😅 I'd feel more confident if we hadn't lost our last two games, both 0-2 at home, including v York in the league. The other day I read that Aldershot are unbeaten v Woking in league matches in the last 9, nearly all of them wins, oh dear. I think 2nd Jan 2016 was the last time the Cards won it (a league meeting).

I went today and thought it wasn’t great. We lost 1-2.

1 hour ago, Louis said:

I went today and thought it wasn’t great. We lost 1-2.

Yes, I followed the BBC livetext, finally Woking have ended their long six year winless league run v the Shots.  Anyway, good luck for the second half of the season and hope you win the next game you attend at the Rec, fingers crossed.

Frustrating performance from the Villa today, in all areas really :s

8 hours ago, robby b said:

Yes, I followed the BBC livetext, finally Woking have ended their long six year winless league run v the Shots.  Anyway, good luck for the second half of the season and hope you win the next game you attend at the Rec, fingers crossed.

Frustrating performance from the Villa today, in all areas really :s

Yep exactly, onto Woking away now, NYD.

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t often post in here but I noticed that things aren’t going terribly well for my birthplace club, Scunthorpe. Bottom of the National league. Supporters halting the game by running onto the pitch, protesting against the owner. This was during a 2-0 defeat at home to Woking.

They were in the Championship 12 years ago, playing against the likes of Forest, Leicester, Leeds and Palace.

• Shocked 1

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Genie said:

Just got back from Tamworth versus Nuneaton… match abandoned due to crowd trouble. The setup was ridiculous. 2 rival sets of fans separated by about 1m. No police in the ground at all. Absolute shitshow.

Moved to the non-league thread

Some shocking clips on Twitter. One lad, who was unconscious on the floor, getting booted in the head :( Thug who did that should be arrested and charged.

My mate from Dordon went last night, he invited me. He said that he thought it would kick off. His exact text was "Fancy coming over to the cauldron of hate tomorrow, everyone needs to witness a Tamworth v Nuneaton fixture at least once"

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Moved to the non-league thread

Some shocking clips on Twitter. One lad, who was unconscious on the floor, getting booted in the head :( Thug who did that should be arrested and charged.

My mate from Dordon went last night, he invited me. He said that he thought it would kick off. His exact text was "Fancy coming over to the cauldron of hate tomorrow, everyone needs to witness a Tamworth v Nuneaton fixture at least once"

I’ve never seen anything so badly planned. Clearly Tamworth had scrimped on the police costs as non inside the ground at all.

There were Nuneaton fans behind the goal and Tamworth fans down the side, separated by just a hinged metal fence and 2 or 3 elderly volunteer stewards.

After the second goal it all kicked off. Throwing of cups, bottles, cans etc going back and forth in this corner of the pitch between the 2 sets of fans. Nuneaton looked to have started it but then Tamworth throwing stuff back. Lots of police all stood outside, never came in. Maybe making the point they weren’t paid to go in. Questions need to be asked about that. They should have gone in and asked questions about payment later. 

Tamworth players came back onto the pitch, I guess as they were 2-0 up and under pressure to not have the game abandoned but no opposition or officials.

This guy (Andrew) is the Nuneaton manager and was Tamworth manager last year. Says he was racially abused, spat at and had songs about his wife being a slag sung at him (below)

Badly planned event full of pissed up rocket polishers who want to cause trouble ends predictably. Nobody comes out of this well at all. It’s the second match this season at the Lamb that has been abandoned. First time it was alleged racial abuse of a player but was never proved. 

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The Tamworth statement is awful; basically pins all wrong doing on Nuneaton and applauds Tamworth fans for moving to other areas of the ground.  Shocking.

Yeah, it was a joke.

Nuneaton statement says they wanted to do a joint statement with Tamworth (but seems Tamworth declined).

Nuneaton fans seem to have started the violence after they went 2-0 down. Tamworth fans were chanting terrible things including alleged racism (again).

Tamworth FC failed to make the event as safe as realistically possible setting up a dangerous situation putting rival fans next to each other with insufficient security arrangements. 

Both clubs will rightly be in a lot of trouble.

Lots of Police stood outside twiddling their thumbs whilst it was going off inside the stadium and the stewards getting punches thrown at them. I guess they were making the point they should have been paid for. 

Football fans are proper shit, though, eh?

Yep. That sums it up.

My non-league team are Hashtag United. Started watching on Youtube about a year ago. Really well-run club, every game is streamed plus highlights for free. They're in the Istmian North but on the way up. Currently top having won 16 on the bounce. Currently got ex-Wolves Greg Halford there playing.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

My non-league team are Hashtag United. Started watching on Youtube about a year ago. Really well-run club, every game is streamed plus highlights for free. They're in the Istmian North but on the way up. Currently top having won 16 on the bounce. Currently got ex-Wolves Greg Halford there playing.

Yeah, they've done well.  Massive exposure, part owned by Cesar Azpilicueta.  It's a little bit Man City of the lower leagues and they'll absolutely fly up, but it's a great experiment really.

• 1 month later...

Tamworth versus Nuneaton game is being re-played tonight behind closed doors after being abandoned a few weeks back. It’s pretty harsh having to replay it as they were 2-0 up and Nuneaton were the instigators of the trouble, and refused to come out and play when the ref and police gave the ok.

Tamworth 2-0 after half and hour so hopefully justice is served.

Weston won the title and promotion back to the Conference South on Tuesday night. 

Some great games to look forward to next season, especially as Yeovil have got relegated into the same League and possibly Torquay as it stands (though Torquay fans decided to try and trash the place in a Pre-Season friendly last Summer).

My little Woking (National League) had a great day today, won 2-1 v Gateshead and our 3rd place rivals Chesterfield lost, meaning 3rd is back in our hands again... but we have to win our last two games, no pressure!

I'm not sure but I think the teams that finish 2nd (quite likely Notts County) and 3rd maybe only have to play two play-off games whereas those from 4th to 7th have to play three!? If that's the case then finishing 2nd or 3rd rather than 4th to 7th really will be important.

• Like 1

On 20/04/2023 at 16:57, UpTheVilla26 said:

Weston won the title and promotion back to the Conference South on Tuesday night. 

Some great games to look forward to next season, especially as Yeovil have got relegated into the same League and possibly Torquay as it stands (though Torquay fans decided to try and trash the place in a Pre-Season friendly last Summer).

Congrats to Weston! :)

i was about to give your post a like but didn't want you or others to think I like the fact that some Torquay fans tried to trash Weston's stadium in a pre-season friendly! :s Blimey, that's not right.  : <

• Like 1

On 23/02/2023 at 08:47, bobzy said:

The Tamworth statement is awful; basically pins all wrong doing on Nuneaton and applauds Tamworth fans for moving to other areas of the ground.  Shocking.

Football fans are proper shit, though, eh?

If Tamworth FC have been made aware of a section of Tamworth fans (hopefully just a small minority?) calling the Nuneaton manager's wife "a slag" in a song but haven't addressed it then that would be out of order. I do hope they have publicly and strongly denounced this incident, e.g. on the club website for a start and maybe on Twitter too.

As for those people singing that, and I really hope there weren't many of them, how disgusting. And to think that on top of that she and her two young daughters were actually there in the stadium to hear that song. I'm totally dismayed. This kind of thing along with fights put me off continuing to go and see the sport I love.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

Â