Non-League Footy

hogso

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is all true, but it's been when it's a significant number of fans, it's a tough one when it's one lone bellend.

I don't recall us being punished when that idiot threw a coin at Redknapp but his the assistant, for example.

Yeah, I'd probably side with this too. I'm not sure how SHA haven't been fined heavily for the fact that one of their fans has physically attacked a player on the pitch but that's where I'd draw the line on club punishments for the behaviour of an individual fan. 

I think you could dig up past examples of moronic fan behaviour from a number of clubs and argue for points deductions if that's how we are going to start punishing clubs.

The only caveat I'd add to this is that I'd like to see a system where clubs with repeat offences gain stiffer penalties. There's a few clubs out there (with SHA being amongst them) who you kind of expect to be the ones causing this kind of trouble. For example, was anybody surprised that Chelsea/Millwall fans were the ones making overtly racist chants?

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This is all true, but it's been when it's a significant number of fans, it's a tough one when it's one lone bellend.

I don't recall us being punished when that idiot threw a coin at Redknapp but his the assistant, for example.

Would you dock points here too @Stevo985?

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Would you dock points here too @Stevo985?

Dunno, it's not for me to decide. I wasn't even saying a points deduction was necessarily the right punishment. Just that the club should be punished for something a fan did.

And by the way, chucking something from the stands, whilst still deplorable, is far far less serious than a fan getting onto the pitch and physically assaulting a player.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Dunno, it's not for me to decide. I wasn't even saying a points deduction was necessarily the right punishment. Just that the club should be punished for something a fan did.

And by the way, chucking something from the stands, whilst still deplorable, is far far less serious than a fan getting onto the pitch and physically assaulting a player.

I was going to ask where you draw the line, but evidently the line is "at the touchline" :P 

On 22/05/2019 at 21:33, Stevo985 said:

Whilst I’d generally agree with this, who’s to say where something thrown from the stands is going to hit its target or any other bystander? People throwing coins at players and other fans has the potential to do serious damage just as much as running on to the pitch and punching somebody. 

38 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Whilst I’d generally agree with this, who’s to say where something thrown from the stands is going to hit its target or any other bystander? People throwing coins at players and other fans has the potential to do serious damage just as much as running on to the pitch and punching somebody. 

True but what happens in the stand is hard to control if just one fan throwing for example. Was about 15 "stewards" in that part of the pitch and not one got onto the pitch until Villa players grabbed the guy

Not to mention the steward kicking Jack when celebrating

• 2 weeks later...

The draw is Tuesday, midday.

First time the guys have been involved in one of these for 15 years, so pleased for the players.

Unseeded, in the preliminary qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League. You don't start any lower, but you know what, it's a proper official european game just like the big boys play.

Seeded: La Fiorita (SMR), Progrès (LUX), Cliftonville (NIR), Europa (GIB), NSÍ (FRO), KÍ Klaksvík (FRO), Prishtina (KOS)

Unseeded: Sant Julià (AND), Engordany (AND), Tre Fiori (SMR), Barry Town (WAL), Cardiff MU (WAL), St Joseph's (GIB), Ballymena (NIR)

Really hoping we draw Progres Niederkorn of Luxembourg. It's their 100th anniversary year so would be good fun to be part of that.

Friendlies organised against Ballymena and Panjab FC (repping the Punjabi diaspora, out of Smethwick).

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

The draw is Tuesday, midday.

First time the guys have been involved in one of these for 15 years, so pleased for the players.

Unseeded, in the preliminary qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League. You don't start any lower, but you know what, it's a proper official european game just like the big boys play.

Really hoping we draw Progres Niederkorn of Luxembourg. It's their 100th anniversary year so would be good fun to be part of that.

Friendlies organised against Ballymena and Panjab FC (repping the Punjabi diaspora, out of Smethwick).

Loving that. Also Cardiff Met in it for the first time. Are the Kosovans the ones to avoid? Northern Irish teams tricky ties?

Didn't you beat Porto once or is my memory truly shot?

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

Loving that. Also Cardiff Met in it for the first time. Are the Kosovans the ones to avoid? Northern Irish teams tricky ties?

Didn't you beat Porto once or is my memory truly shot?

The Kosovo trip was the one treated with the least enthusiasm, Faroes would be the most expensive.

Cliftonville would be ok but would be a shame as a 'european' experience to end up in Belfast, but would likely end up being a bloody good laugh.

Very slim chance of us winning, it's a year or two too early I reckon. Even the likes of Progres from Luxembourg are no mugs, in the last two seasons they've beaten Rangers and a couple of others.

Not knowing the date or the location until 2 weeks before kick off make it spectacularly difficult to arrange leave, transport and accommodation for the players, nevermind any travelling fans. But for fans, if it's Belfast or Luxembourg, we can hire a bus! 

I was there for the Porto game, beat them 3:1* and I don't remember much of the following day, I'll be honest.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

The Kosovo trip was the one treated with the least enthusiasm, Faroes would be the most expensive.

Cliftonville would be ok but would be a shame as a 'european' experience to end up in Belfast, but would likely end up being a bloody good laugh.

Very slim chance of us winning, it's a year or two too early I reckon. Even the likes of Progres from Luxembourg are no mugs, in the last two seasons they've beaten Rangers and a couple of others.

Not knowing the date or the location until 2 weeks before kick off make it spectacularly difficult to arrange leave, transport and accommodation for the players, nevermind any travelling fans. But for fans, if it's Belfast or Luxembourg, we can hire a bus! 

I was there for the Porto game, beat them 3:1* and I don't remember much of the following day, I'll be honest.

Pretty good Porto team, look at the defence

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Faroe Islands would be a quality away trip, especially at this time of year (presumably it barely gets dark!) Bet it costs a fortune though. 

Looks like about £1,000 per person for that trip so that'll be the 6 die hard loons that go to that one.

Conspiracy theory: yesterday, two different media outlets said we were drawn against NSI Runavik, but the draw isn't until Tuesday, so if we get them now, it'll look very dodge. Logical answer, crap journalism or they've witnessed the practice draw.

On 07/06/2019 at 19:21, chrisp65 said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cffb9f84a51543059

Progrès (LUX) v Cardiff MU (WAL)

Barry Town (WAL) v Cliftonville (NIR)

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/06/2019 at 23:26, chrisp65 said:

0:0 yesterday evening against Cliftonville.

Our first european game in 16 years and we didn't lose against the seeded team so that was a massive result AND could help our coefficient in a future year should this ever happen again.

In truth they were better than us, but our defending was absolutely rock solid and their attack was timid. They had something like 65% posession but then our keeper had to make 2 saves in 90 minutes.

Away leg next Thursday and yesterday's result means a score draw works for us. Absolutely ridiculous.

When UEFA sent us the pass codes to log in to the official team section of the website, they'd basically just reopened our old account. It had all the old record in there, all the old contact details and information. As far as UEFA are concerned, we're the same team. Just fan owned these days.

Yesterday evening, we earned more than last year's entire budget.

Best of luck to your boys tomorrow, fella

• Like 1

My English side, Hereford FC ( I know I'm a Trophy hunter 😀 ) are playing Aston Villa under 23s at the end of July.  Chance I will be down at Edgar Street to see how the Bulls are looking for the new season but will be good to run an eye over the Villa youngsters trying to make the grade into a Premiership side.      :flag:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â