Non-League Footy

hogso

I’ve been to see Tamworth a lot this season and have to say I really enjoy it.

They are a division of 2 below where they should be. They started the season great, then absolutely went to shit for about 20 odd games. They changed the manager and he finished unbeaten (about 12/13 games). The owner is saying he’s going to back the manager to get out of that division next year. They actually should have been promoted in the first covid season but it was decided no teams would be going up or down which was a disaster for them.

4 hours ago, Louis said:

I have seen there’s no thread regarding non league football (The National League).

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

Don't really support a team but always keep an eye out for Kiddy and Tamworth results. 

Tamworth seem to have fallen on hard times recently. 

Despite family ties to Moor Green and the Ian Taylor connection and the fact that Solihull Borough are an ex client of mine, and the fact I live in Solihull, I can't get into Solihull Moors for obvious reasons. 

I follow Moors loosely - even if the Blues connections are there, I manage to completely avoid it going to games.

They're the team that unite me and my mates who are a mix of Villa and Blues; which is nice. 

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I follow Moors loosely - even if the Blues connections are there, I manage to completely avoid it going to games.

They're the team that unite me and my mates who are a mix of Villa and Blues; which is nice. 

I've heard SOTV sung when they've been on the tellybox. 

Hereford United for me till they went out of existence   😥  and now since 2014,  the new club, Hereford FC . Only get down to the games right up in the North of England within National League North.

Apart from Darren Peacock my favourite player was local lad, Chris Price........a cracking fullback..........wonder what happened to him? 😉  🤣

Edited by newhavenhibby

I’m giving up my ticket for Villa v Palace, so I will go to watch Aldershot Town v Wealdstone in the last game of the season at The EBB Stadium.

Up the Shots. 🔴🔵

On 02/05/2022 at 07:32, sidcow said:

I've heard SOTV sung when they've been on the tellybox. 

They're small heath's bastard offspring.

Used to really enjoy watching non league on tv, can’t recall what channel it was on, but was enjoyable as there was always a mistake in there that would level out the matches or cause some drama.

Back when Kidderminster and Rushden and Diamonds where the top clubs. 

I used to watch Telford a fair bit back when I lived in the area, before they went into administration and before they built the new ground. It was always a good laugh even if the football was terrible. I’ve seen a few things over the years, a lad I know punched the opposition goalkeeper and dogs on the pitch etc. I’ve even been on MOTD when they played Millwall in the fourth round of the FA Cup. I haven’t been for about 15 years at least, but I do look out for their results. 

Took my 6 year old lad to a Kiddy game on Saturday. He really enjoyed it. £18 for me and £4 for him so can grumble at that. 

Will definitely take him to more games next season as it’s on our doorstep. I can park at the in laws and walk there. 

Edited by villan-scott

I have season tickets down Dagenham and Redbridge, just renewed for next season. £250 for me, £100 for my 12 year old, and free for my 8 yo. We love it. Did our first away game a couple weeks ago (only to Wealdstone) which was a good laugh. Can't recommend it enough.

Kiddy knocked out the playoffs against Boston tonight - losing 2-1 at home. Real shame. Thought they had a genuine chance of promotion. 

Hopefully build on this for a strong season next year, the money from the cup run has secured a lot of their players to contracts for next year, and hopefully add a bit more quality in the summer. 

On 10/05/2022 at 07:49, EastEndVillan said:

I have season tickets down Dagenham and Redbridge, just renewed for next season. £250 for me, £100 for my 12 year old, and free for my 8 yo. We love it. Did our first away game a couple weeks ago (only to Wealdstone) which was a good laugh. Can't recommend it enough.

Aldershot’s season ticket pricing is £340 and general sale is £20.

• 4 weeks later...

Have I missed a thread on today's play off final? 

My lad has gone down to the game today. I have warned him to expect to be amongst noses. 

Good luck to Solihull though. Would be great to have another league club in the area. 

• Like 1

Solihull should have scored there.  Sounds like the Grimsby fans outnumber them by a fair amount.  Must be a Sunday shift on at JLR. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Solihull should have scored there.  Sounds like the Grimsby fans outnumber them by a fair amount.  Must be a Sunday shift on at JLR. 

They (Grimsby fans) raised £20k in a fundraiser to cover costs for more fans to attend. 
I didn’t grow up in Solihull but live there now. I kind of follow their results and would like to see them promoted. Can’t watch the game tho cos the kids are watching Paddington 2😏

• Haha 1

Â