Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in the A League next season. A shorter season would be better for his body and he'd be closer to his family. Remember this is a kid who has been living half way round the world from his family since he was about 13. Bound to have a few issues from that.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

Was a decent right back and did a job in centre mid couldn't question is commitment. Unfairly played centre back where was shown up. I think he could have offered a help at times this season.

Someone on that same forum mentioned that he'd ran off with a girl whilst they were on that Portugal trip or something.

Haha, incredible stones from the boy if that's true.

Would like to hear the full tale of what's happened to him.

Better than some still here  :o

No wonder what he did off field.. why would he retire? Unless hes over it or just going to jail...... He must have lost the passion for the game.. but whenever he used to play he worked so hard. Doesn't add up.

I hope he can sort himself out, he has a decent career ahead of him. Yes he isn't Premier League quality, but you can still carve out a decent career in the lower leagues.

• Like 1

I hope he can sort himself out, he has a decent career ahead of him. Yes he isn't Premier League quality, but you can still carve out a decent career in the lower leagues.

Or at Aston Villa, ask Baker.

• Like 1

OS Aussies (FCAU) @OSAussies 12h

Chris Herd will apparently be let go by Aston Villa. Club waiting to release statement. Been said he could sadly quit football altogether

'@OSAussies Club not ready to release statement mate! News to me! @AVFCOfficial #avfc

Edited by useless

Seems like he's made from polystyrene and stuck together with gaffer tape. Barely played more than 10 games a season and I guess it's enough to make you wonder if all the training and scrutiny etc is all worth it.

Taking a year out to get your mind and body together wouldn't be the worst idea.

He wasn't the worst Villa player and had a decent 11/12 season, got a nice goal at Anfield from what I remember and had a few other decent performances

good luck to him though sounds like he has some off-field problems

Â