The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Albrighton had a superb game tonight helping Leicester beat Chelsea 2-1 to go top of the league again.  I wonder if Paul Lambert was watching?

doubt it, he was managing Blackburn at the same time ;)

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Cleverley,Crouch, Walker, Bertrand, Ireland, Albrighton all walk into our team as well

I forgot about Albrighton who had a stormer tonight. I can't say Bertrand or Cleverley because they were loanees and never actually owned them.

Someone in another thread mentioned getting Crouch in January. I think he'd actually give us more up front than what we currently have. 

10 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

You can't like, own a player, man...

We talk all the time about buying and selling players which implies ownership when actually clubs are buying a players registration. So if I wanted to be specific I would have said "we never actually owned their registration." I just figured people would understand without the need to be that specific.

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Lowton first start for Burnley today. Injuries and form of another guy they signed been keeping him out the first XI.

Three assists and MOTM for Matty.

The guy always had a good attacking mindset, but it was always his defending that let him down. Lowton looked like a winger playing full back to me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Brighton have signed defender Liam Ridgewell on loan from Major League Soccer side Portland Timbers.

The 31-year-old former Aston Villa, Birmingham and West Brom centre-back will be available for the Seagulls between 2 January and 13 February.

"I know Liam very well from my time as manager at Birmingham and he is an important addition for us," Albion boss Chris Hughton told the club website. 

"He will bring extra experience to our defence at a crucial time."

Ridgewell moved to the United States in the summer of 2014 following a two-and-a-half-year spell with West Brom, but spent six weeks of last season on loan at Wigan.

He captained Portland to the MLS title earlier this month.

Still better than Ciaran Clark.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hogso said:

Harry Forrester at Rangers now I see.

Needs to sack his agent, the tit.
Always was rumours about when he was here that he was a monumental dickhead.

Every move he is made has been appalling.

From leaving Watford, turning down Ajax, leaving Brentford after a breakthrough season for more money at Doncaster, to joining the Scottish second tier.

Â