Brad Guzan

R.Bear

• 1 month later...

Great performance from Guzan! That will keep the accident waiting to happen known as Shay Given on the bench where he belongs for a while.

That save at the end simply won us a point but the claimed and caught everything he went for, didnt make any wrong decisions and bossed the penalty area.

Out new number 1. Brilliant.

Guzan was solid today, very confident keeper.

Can't help but feel Given was unlucky to be dropped though. The guy literally helped keep us in the league last season and I hope those slating him remember that. Seems he has fallen out of favour after his error last week. That's the life a goalkeeper I guess, one **** up and you've had it.

Fair play to Guzan though, he will keep Given out of the team permanently if he performs like this every week.

Absolute master stroke dropping him, how anyone can question that is beyond me. Given was abysmal against Everton, he was deservedly dropped for costing us two goals.

Guzan was magnificent today, commended his area very well and boy what a save that was from Cabaye's free kick at the end.

I hope to see Guzan keep the number 1 spot, it's his to lose now. Given I'm afraid is looking increasingly over the hill, absolute madness signing him on a 5 year deal.

Voted him my MOTM in the reactions thread, he was commanding today. The other thing I'm convinced of is that had we had Given trying to beat out that Cabaye free kick he wouldn't have reached it and we'd have ended up going home with **** all. Shit, Baby Brad nearly caught the **** thing but then he does have 3 inches of height and near 10 years of youth on Given.

I think he's come on massively in the last couple of years. Remember he always used to flap a lot but he seems really commanding and assured now. Definitely deserves to start against Swansea. Given was good for us last season but is clearly going down hill fast. Can see Guzan being our number 1 keeper for most of the season.

About time he replaced Given as he was the better goalkeeper last year also. Its great to see a keeper who has command of his area and can come and claim the ball.

If Given's name wasnt on the list of players we need to be rid of, it definitely will be now.

Voted him my MOTM in the reactions thread, he was commanding today. The other thing I'm convinced of is that had we had Given trying to beat out that Cabaye free kick he wouldn't have reached it and we'd have ended up going home with **** all. Shit, Baby Brad nearly caught the **** thing but then he does have 3 inches of height and near 10 years of youth on Given.

Not denying he was excellent today, however he made that save look a lot better than it actually was. I'm sure Given would have also saved the free kick.

Not denying he was excellent today, however he made that save look a lot better than it actually was. I'm sure Given would have also saved the free kick.

I'm not writing Given off or anything, on his day he's brilliant, but Guzan did more than just save that free kick. He actually commanded the whole penalty area, as a proper goalie should. One of his saves was a carbon copy of the one Given fluffed v Everton.

I doubt BG will play that well in every game, but if he does we're laughing. That was a top class performance.

Â