Brad Guzan

R.Bear

It all depends on Given, imo.

If Given is as good as he was last season then Guzan won't (and shouldn't) get a look in, imo.

If, however, Given is affected by or carries on his Euro 2012 form, the "little" Brad could well have an opportunity.

not a fan of guzan at all.

hopefully he is being though of as number 2 at best.

granted, he saved some penos, but a lot of that is luck, he seems to have no command at all under a high ball or in the box in general.

he seems to have no command at all under a high ball or in the box in general.

sounds familiar

Carson, Given, 2 Brads have all been weak on crosses and set plays even Sorensen wasnt that good on them.

would kill for a keeper that comes and claims crosses :(

would kill for a keeper that comes and claims crosses :(

Unfortunately a keeper who was good at crosses wouldn't be as good at shot stopping OR if he was great at both would most likely be at a CL club. It's a difficult balance but if we can't have both, I guess shot stopping has the highest priority.

Meh to both Given and Guzan as 1 and 2. A big fat meh.

Each to their own, eh?! Whilst they're both not perfect, I actually think our number 1 and 2 goalkeepers are more than decent. :)

The way I see it is Given is now 36, age & injuries are starting to take their toll on what was in my opinion at his peak the best keeper in the league and it realistically is only downhill from now, yes some keepers go on to touching 40 Brad F for example but his reactions and agility are only going to get slower now.

Take into account the clown who held the reigns for the previous 12 months put him on a 5 year deal of which he has 4 years left, plus i'd think he is one of the higher earners so why not look to sell him now while he still has a bit of value and use those wages elsewhere in the squad and at the same time bring in an in my opinion equal ( Given 2-3 years ago hands down) Gk who is chomping at the bit to prove he has what it takes, as opposed to getting stuck with another high earner that can't play due to injury or lack of form?

I think the board have been stung to hard by that in the past to allow it.

again.

I think Brad more than proved himself in the cover he provided last year and can only improve with experience.

Welcome back BG Villa's NO.1

given is half the goalie he was 5 years ago. i've watched him with ireland all his career and he has been borderline world class almost all of his career. but with villa last season you could see he dropped a notch although he still was pretty good, but not at his best). obviously man city saw this also when they let him go. at the euros he had the worst time of his career and looked quite slow off the mark. I think the beginning of next season is crucial for him, a few great saves early season, and it could boost his confidence and he will bounce back, a few mistakes and it could be curtains.

Given didn't do himself any favors in Euro 2012...total nightmare for him, actually.

Keeping Guzan is a smart move, even if he still warms the bench. He's clearly got the talent...he's our League Cup talisman, anyway....

I can see the attraction that Lambert has for him.

He is a managers player... dedicated, committed, good all round professional.

Perhaps he has'nt got the presence of some keepers, but I think Lambert see's something he wants to work with.

I think he is a good guy to be in the trenches with. room for improvement ..yes, but I think with a run which will build his confidence has the makings of a promising keeper.

Â