Brad Guzan

R.Bear

• 2 weeks later...

going out on loan to Chivas ?? wtf. Whos the back up keeper?Marshall? Why did we resign him only to send him out on loan again. I thought he was going to push Given.

going out on loan to Chivas ?? wtf. Whos the back up keeper?Marshall? Why did we resign him only to send him out on loan again. I thought he was going to push Given.

Wtf?? Where have u read this?? Link??

That article says that it was announced on Tuesday, July 23... which it wasn't, since Tuesday was the 24th; and if it had been announced then it would be available at multiple outlets instead of one random one. Plus anyone can write for Bleacher Report. Not buying it.

I don't know if the Bleacher Report is anything more than a fan site but it is rather strange that this is the only place reporting it.

The WP issue is an interesting theory, considering the fact that he has barely played in 3 years and has not had too many USA caps in that time either I'd expect.

On Tuesday, July 23, 2012, while on a tour of the U.S. with Aston Villa (and on the same day he played in a friendly match against the Portland Timbers), it was announced that Brad Guzan had signed a six-month loan deal with Chivas USA. The deal will keep the American keeper with the "goats" through the end of the MLS season.

Interestingly enough, he will now be on the same team as fellow American keeper and one of the top keepers in MLS, Dan Kennedy. It will be interesting to see if there will be an open competition between the two or if one is chosen as starter for the rest of the season. It would be shocking, however, if Guzan were to go on loan just to be a No. 2 behind Kennedy.

Brad will miss the first half of Villa's Premier League campaign and was in the middle of a competition for the goalkeeping post with Irish international Shay Given, a race manager Paul Lambert had declared wide open.

All in all, it will be interesting to see how things work out and if Guzan could even end up with the red and white half of Los Angeles permanently.

The thing is though that the crux of any deal with an English club is that you will be playing for that English club in England, so realistically before any deal is finalized you would have that permit/know your going to get it. But anyways, I do not want to turn this thread into a boring conversation about work permits, just nothing about that Guzan story would make sense imo.

Literally anyone can submit an article for Bleacher Report. Taking what they say as truth is pretty much the same as taking @ITK_LOL_ITK on Twitter as truth. Dan from AVFCCentral did some work checking on this and it looks like it was an assumption from Wikipedia. Lastly I think Dan Kennedy was pretty central in the MLS All Stars winning last night so loaning Brad out to a club who have no need for a keeper would be ridiculous.

This is nonsense and just some clown assuming a story is right based on Wiki research.

The MLS sesason is over with in November so a 6 month loan is complete load of tosh. Brad would be sitting doing nothing for 2 months. If that part doesn't make sense then all of it can be crap.

Â