Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I like Guzan as I get the impression he really tries and he seems a bit of a character. However he has been poor for over a year now.

I'd say give Bunn a go but it seems he isn't highly regarded which makes you wonder how poor he is given how poor Guzan has been.

3 hours ago, Arj Guy said:

Worst starting keeper in the PL by a distance 

Unfortunately have to agree with this. Might not have been the case in the past but he just cannot catch or save anything. There is no worse keeper in the league.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

As bad as Guzan has been, he's comfortably better than Gomes.

Better than Gomes? At least Gomes does / gets something with / on the ball. This guy might as well not even be there as there isn't a difference

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

As bad as Guzan has been, he's comfortably better than Gomes.

After Ighalo and Deeney, Gomes has been Watford best player this season

Guzan is a joke at this stage, Tim was right playing Given in front of him. nice guy but shit goalkeeper

I won't blame him for their second - 25% Hutton, 25% Clark, 50% Richardson - but he has to shoulder a lot of blame for the first. Howson didn't even hit it that well. How can he possibly have failed to get anything on it at all? Somehow he managed to dive over the ball with a gormless look on his face. I wanted to wring his neck. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No.

He hasn't.

He makes mistakes in every game. He's an absolute joke.

I'd like you to highlight all/any of the clangers that Gomes has made this season because, for me, he's been one of the standout goalkeepers in the Premier League.

He's at the forefront of a defence, in a newly promoted team, that is currently matching Man City for goals conceded and, as a goalkeeper, has kept the most clean sheets in the league.

"Absolute joke".  Some people.

• Like 4

People are writing off gomes because he played badly at villa park, and there was one other game where he personally had more than one howler that cost them the game. However, he has regularly been excellent and has been at the heart of a massively overperforming defence. The proposition 'guzan is a better keeper than gomes' wouldn't be agreed with by anybody in the world outside of this message board. 

• Like 1

Â