Brad Guzan

R.Bear

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I won't blame him for their second - 25% Hutton, 25% Clark, 50% Richardson - but he has to shoulder a lot of blame for the first. Howson didn't even hit it that well. How can he possibly have failed to get anything on it at all? Somehow he managed to dive over the ball with a gormless look on his face. I wanted to wring his neck. 

It's one of those you need to save using you feet. How many time do you see this clown use his feet? Only to hoof it up-field in panic mode i.e. literally every time to ball is played back to him.  

Even in his heyday he was massively overrated I think. And now he brings a new layer to the word 'shit'.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

It's one of those you need to save using you feet. How many time do you see this clown use his feet? Only to hoof it up-field in panic mode i.e. literally every time to ball is played back to him.  

Even in his heyday he was massively overrated I think. And now he brings a new layer to the word 'shit'.

The Newcastle goal should have been saved, the first yesterday should have been saved, he should have done better with West Hams goal and don't even start me on the Leicester game.

A terrible, terrible excuse for a PL goalkeeper and a contributing factor into why we're going down.

Not good enough for the championship either so if a new keeper is coming, lets get him in now & bed him in for next season.

On 29/12/2015 at 12:48, bobzy said:

I'd like you to highlight all/any of the clangers that Gomes has made this season because, for me, he's been one of the standout goalkeepers in the Premier League.

He's at the forefront of a defence, in a newly promoted team, that is currently matching Man City for goals conceded and, as a goalkeeper, has kept the most clean sheets in the league.

"Absolute joke".  Some people.

Watch any Watford game. They might not always lead to a goal, but the makes mistakes every single match, mostly dropping the ball or flapping at corners. He made one in their last game against Tottenham early on. Came for a corner and was absolutely nowhere near it.

In their game against us as a start he made 3 or 4 shockers and I still think he ended up going off to save his blushes.

I saw a game of theirs vs Leicester a few weeks back and he was the same in that.

He's the same as he's always been. Good shot stopper. An absolute joke when the ball is in the air.

If Gomes was goalkeeper here he'd be getting abuse every week.

It's one of the things I back Garde on actually...he's realised early on that long servers like Gabby and Brad have been part of our decline (the losers as dear old Tim would put it) so think it's best if we move them out rather than relying them to get us promoted.

Â