Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Guzan a few years back and for a long time was one of our best players. Great reflexes, good on crosses and I always felt assured when he was in goal. He always brought confidence to the back line.

Recently though it's the opposite because of his kicking. He's so awkward on the ball it's unreal. So annoyed how him and the statue Lescott cost us today, but you can't forget all the good Guzan has done for us.

I'm actually really struggling to remember the Leicester goals now, what was his mistake there?

How could anyone forget it? He was beaten to an aerial ball by Nathan bloody Dyer! Probably one of the worst episodes of goalkeeping I've ever seen.

Edited by Isa

Ye dropping him last year and then trying to sign begovic in the summer must of done wonders for Goose, I'd say he feels like Sherwood has great faith in him. Not to say that Goose hasn't been bad on his own merit but ffs Sherwood hasn't got a clue how to manage players, he's clueless, if your gonna treat a player like he is shit then make sure and replace him while you have £55m to spend rather than throw him back in as your main keeper...

• Like 1

It's Sherwood's fault simply because he sets us up to play from the back, it's his tactical decision for us to give the ball to Guzan whenever he's available, rather than lumping it down the pitch. 

I mean, HELLO, Guzan is awful with the ball at is feet, he never, ever looks conformable receiving the ball, and his kicking is not that great, so why do we give it to him so often??? Another thing that annoys me is the way Richards tends to give Guzan the ball on his right side. Guzan is obviously left footed, so why give it to him on his weaker foot, causing him to have to take more touches than required.

Our entire set up is just plain stupid.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

I like Brad but he needs to be dropped for the sake of the team, and for himself. 3 major goalkeeping errors in about 15 starts it not acceptable. I don't think he thinks Sherwood rates him and its affecting his confidence. Ever since the City game last season and being dropped for the final, he must know that Sherwood has doubts about him and we nearly got a replacement in the summer. He looked jittery right from the start yesterday and the back four can't trust him at the  moment, He has regressed to what he started at Villa- namely being a good shot stopper but with no command of the penalty area. 

Needs time away from the limelight to get his head in order.

It's Sherwood's fault simply because he sets us up to play from the back, it's his tactical decision for us to give the ball to Guzan whenever he's available, rather than lumping it down the pitch. 

I mean, HELLO, Guzan is awful with the ball at is feet, he never, ever looks conformable receiving the ball, and his kicking is not that great, so why do we give it to him so often??? Another thing that annoys me is the way Richards tends to give Guzan the ball on his right side. Guzan is obviously left footed, so why give it to him on his weaker foot, causing him to have to take more touches than required.

Don't forget to include those awful Westwood corners!

Absolutely zero confidence. Well done Sherwood 

Sherwood can be blamed for a lot, but Guzan being shit is not one.

Guzan should have stepped up after we failed to bring in a replacement and made Sherwood reconsider replacing him by playing well and improving. He's done the exact opposite and vindicated Sherwood's decision to look for a replacement. 

Bang on the money. Guzan has never had any confidence in his kicking and looks like he is shaking like a shitting dog every time the ball is at his feet regardless of how much time he has. That was the case long before Sherwood arrived and given Brad is now 31 I doubt that will now ever improve.

I'm sure Guzan was a little peeved with being dropped last season but Sherwood was the new manager and it is up to him to access who he felt was best placed to see us through the final games of the season and Brad was given a chance and then dropped. It was also the managers prerogative to look to improve on the goalkeeping position over the summer just as he would look to improve any other position in the team.

From a players point of view you'd like to think a player with a bit of back bone would take the attitude you dropped me, maybe wanted to replace me, but I am now in the team and I am going to prove you wrong. If Guzan has further wilted due to being dropped last season then that is an issue with him and not the manager especially as we are not talking about a young lad here.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Don't forget to include those awful Westwood corners!

playing around the back and Westwood taking corners were implemented before Sherwood. **** knows why he persists with them at times though.

It wouldn't surprise me if guzan's form improves greatly when Sherwood gets the chop.

he's not a shit keeper but has little confidence at the moment as its clear the manager doesn't rate him.

I also doubt how good tony parks is as a gk coach.

Â