Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Sorry, can't find (or even be bothered to find) a gif of De Gea's howler. 

I'm certainly not saying that Brad's head is in the best place at present but he's a much better keeper than the panning he's been getting. In fact, my main gripe with sherwood is his mind games with Brad - disgraceful in my view.

what mind games?

Guzan was poor for nearly 2 seasons, dont remember Tim being here then. Sherwood gave him a challenge by dropping him and Guzan hasnt answered the challenge

what mind games?

Guzan was poor for nearly 2 seasons, dont remember Tim being here then. Sherwood gave him a challenge by dropping him and Guzan hasnt answered the challenge

Sorry, I just think that's a massive exaggeration.

The incident I'm referring to is dropping him for the remainder of the season instead of putting an arm around him and giving him one or two games rest. He's a shed load better than Given in any case. Then the endless speculation over his future.

Why is it we forget that without Guzan we wouldn't even be battling to stay in this league anyway? For two seasons he was one of the few players to actually earn his wages. Even in the Chelsea battering he was man of the match (just shows how under siege the poor sod has been). 

If Brad hadn't performed better than the sum of the team, we'd already be down. He has one bad patch for which he is scapegoated beyond belief probably causing his confidence to drain and now he's worse than useless apparently.

Part of me hopes he finds another club for his sake. he doesn't deserve the shit he's getting.

He didn't drop us points at Palace.

But I agree with the OP. As it stands it looks like he'll cost us more than he'll save us.
I'd give Bunn a go. He's really not as bad as people make out. Just because we signed him from Norwich he gets unnecessary stick.

he gave the ball to Amavi when he was under pressure exactly the same he did with lescott. 

The pass to Amavi is not even close to being "exactly the same" as the pass to Lescott. It's not even in the same ball park.

• Like 4

what mind games?

what mind games?

The incident I'm referring to is dropping him for the remainder of the season instead of putting an arm around him and giving him one or two games rest. He's a shed load better than Given in any case. Then the endless speculation over his future.

Why is it we forget that without Guzan we wouldn't even be battling to stay in this league anyway? For two seasons he was one of the few players to actually earn his wages. Even in the Chelsea battering he was man of the match (just shows how under siege the poor sod has been). 

If Brad hadn't performed better than the sum of the team, we'd already be down. He has one bad patch for which he is scapegoated beyond belief probably causing his confidence to drain and now he's worse than useless apparently.

Part of me hopes he finds another club for his sake. he doesn't deserve the shit he's getting.

Agreed to an extent. His head's gone this season and I'm now on board with giving him a rest and looking for a long term replacement.

But saying he's been poor for 2 seasons is just plainly un true. 

And he doesn't deserve the stick he's getting. He's been called a word removed, a shit and a clearing in the woods in here since Saturday. Classy stuff for a player who's never been anything but a model professional for us for the past 7 years.

I totally agree about the stick but sadly that happening to most people Sherwood, Fox, Lerner, Gabby, Lescott threads all seem have similar comments at the moment

lot of internet warriors

• Like 1

what mind games?

what mind games?

We're not a charity or a pension scheme for footballers, even ones who were excellent in the past. In 2012/13 I agree Guzan was excellent, and he was pretty good the following season as well, but he simply has been declining for some time. 3 years ago it was plausible to say he was one of the best ten keepers in the league, it's nowhere near plausible any more and hasn't been for at least a calendar year and probably longer. 

I do agree he doesn't deserve personal abuse. He has indeed been a model professional, and he seems like a smart and nice guy. Unfortunately with the club the way it is, frustrations boil over very easily. 

Anyone blaming Guzan for the free kick has obviously never played in goal

Yeah, it was just a fantastically placed free-kick. 

It's a bit of both. Guzan was so far away from it because of his poor positioning but at the same time it was a very good free and even if Guzan was further left he might not have got it. He should have been a lot closer than he was.

Â