What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah look at me playing my obscure records

image.jpeg

My favourite Floyd LP by a long stretch

Tonight has consisted so far of Rod Stewarts Footloose and Fancy Free, Rod Stewarts Talk of The Town and Yazoo's Upstairs at Eric's. I will assume any likes are for the latter. 

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Tonight has consisted so far of Rod Stewarts Footloose and Fancy Free, Rod Stewarts Talk of The Town and Yazoo's Upstairs at Eric's. I will assume any likes are for the latter. 

I doubt you'll get any likes :crylaugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Having new furniture in the bedroom, and during the sort out came across a great album I've not played in years.

image.png.d5da67f8a30e3a8632a0482516dc676b.png

What an amazing album. Still in love is an amazing track. I remember hearing this and it just reached me.

This mornings Sunday session has started. I'm sure I've posted this before. There isn’t an 80s indie / post punk / alternative music kid that didn’t own this album. Even back then, 99p was a ludicrously cheap price, they were giving it away, it was a label sampler designed to generate sales in their other albums and with this I'm pretty sure it worked. But the important thing about this album that makes it a classic, is that it flows and is absolutely groove jammingly full of classic tracks. It’s on the cheapest, flimsiest piece of vinyl you'll ever see and it plays just fine. I actually have two copies of this for some reason. Plenty of labels put out samplers but this one is just one of the best ever, it’s a classic in its field.

It can even be forgiven for having 4 Everything But the Girl related tracks on it (which I'd generally frown upon in a compilation - not a crit of the music though, just variety)

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Bought this for the one standout track that was used in a TV show that we recently watched (and cannot remember what it is).

spacer.png

And no, it's not Sweet Caroline.

Also, most Kenneth album title ever.

• Haha 1

Â