What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

And now currently playing is the new Bill Ryder-Jones album - Iechyd Da

Despite the Welsh title, sung entirely in English, just showing a bit of his Welsh heritage I think, last track is titled Nos Da but it's an instrumental

Anyway again a much more pastoral affair this time from Bill too, he's so far away from his roots in The Coral now that it's hard to see the connection

Definitely a grower this one, took me a few listens but I really like it now

NDQtNDAxNi5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

Upping the pace a little early Thee Oh Sees from 2011 - Carrion Crawler / The Dream EP

I only bought this at the weekend, brand new and its a genuine first pressing from 2011

Don't let the title fool you, it's an album but I think the band wanted it viewed as two different EPs one on each side.

It's immensely good for fans of loud american guitars 

Mi01OTgxLmpwZWc.jpeg

• Like 2

Have also been playing Idles - Tangk and BRJ (which I agree gets better with each play).

also got Ty Segall - Three Bells, Sprints - Letter To Self and the new Grandaddy - Blu Wav on rotation 

• Like 1

I just can't get into the new IDLES album. Something about them annoy me now.

Loved their early stuff (first 2 albums especially) but I just don't find this album compelling at all. May need more listens tho. 

Greatest album by a band hailing from Liverpool ever? Probably. For me certainly one of the greatest albums ever recorded. As much as I don’t like such lists, this would always feature in a list of my favourite albums and be pretty much near the top. I don’t play it very often, I don’t need to, it’s up there in my head, every note. Bought shortly after it was released in 1981, it’s safe to say, this album has been played many hundreds of times, it still plays perfectly, there’s hardly a pop. The textured cover after 43 years is not exactly mint, it has horrendous ringwear too but I even love that, it’s part of my cultural DNA.

Over the Wall is playing as I type, I'm for some reason immediately taken back to a gig at the Birmingham Odeon, the stage full of dry ice, Mac poking out through it, wearing a check shirt and overcoat, the absolute coolest man on the planet at the time, not sure why it’s that gig, could be many

It’s safe to say, this album changed my life path. I would probably ended up studying statistics at Sheffield Poly if wasn’t for this record (and others but above all, this album)

Echo and the Bunnymen - Heaven Up Here. One of the greatest records aver made.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bickster said:

Echo and the Bunnymen - Heaven Up Here. One of the greatest records aver made.

I’d be able to make a reasonable argument it’s not even their best. Ocean Rain a couple of years after is at least as good, IMO.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bickster said:

Next  while later I played the new Idles album, the first Idles album I've been interested in as the rantyness has been toned down and with Nigel Godrich in the producer's chair, its a much different more pastoral version of the band, much more my thing.

Utilitarian black vinyl for me, none of your fancy glow in the dark zeotrope nonsense

NDYtMTg2Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

This has been on heavy rotation and it's right up there with their best work for me.

• Like 2

Tangk is fascinating me. 

Every track I’ve heard, I’ve thought ooh I do really quite like this. Then before the end of that track, I’m skipping to the next one because I’ve sort of already heard it now and it’s not holding me. So I guess I’m liking the sound, not gripped by the material?

It’s on the long list, but stuff on the long list rarely makes it to the counter…

5 hours ago, blandy said:

I’d be able to make a reasonable argument it’s not even their best. Ocean Rain a couple of years after is at least as good, IMO.

1. Heaven Up Here

2. Crocodiles

3. Ocean Rain

4. Porcupine

... The rest

Just now, bickster said:

Still in the B section :D 

Just had a new arrival. Will play it when it dries.

also the B section🤪

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

You've just got into the Beastie Boys I'm guessing :D 

No but it IS an artist I have no other stuff by, saw it going reasonably cheap and reviews were good.

You have around 20 minutes to guess ;)

16 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No but it IS an artist I have no other stuff by, saw it going reasonably cheap and reviews were good.

You have around 20 minutes to guess ;)

It's Boyz II Men isn't it :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

Â