What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Sounds like it's off one of @Xanns compilations of sunshine pop

Got a CDR and a glorious black and white photocopy of the promo :)

It's got an extra 8 tracks though.

See it got issued yet again.

Extra 16 tracks on Now Sounds. That's sort of interesting, also too expensive on Discogs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Possibly the most expensive album I have ever bought. The 5 disc version. 

PXL-20240331-091149096.jpg

Found one once for £60 but someone had written their name and address across the whole front in biro and doodled all over the back.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Found one once for £60 but someone had written their name and address across the whole front in biro and doodled all over the back.

I saw them second hand for 40-60 but the box was not good, or the poster missing. My new employers gave me some Amazon vouchers and got this one brand new for 60. Very pleased with it. 

• Like 2

Originally released in 1979 on Hitrun, Adrian Sherwood's pre On-U Sound label. The third Creation Rebel album - Rebel Vibrations, not released on vinyl since then until this week. I think this is the first AMS production to feature Style Scott on drums and percussion along with the usual CR crew of Crucial Tony, Lizard Doctor Pablo etc. 

It kind of hints at the masterpiece that was to follow Starship Africa (also rereleased for the first time in many years this week)

image.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Originally released in 1979 on Hitrun, Adrian Sherwood's pre On-U Sound label. The third Creation Rebel album - Rebel Vibrations, not released on vinyl since then until this week. I think this is the first AMS production to feature Style Scott on drums and percussion along with the usual CR crew of Crucial Tony, Lizard Doctor Pablo etc. 

It kind of hints at the masterpiece that was to follow Starship Africa (also rereleased for the first time in many years this week)

image.jpeg

I think this is one of those rare occasions I’ll be getting the 6 CD set, everything on there and £20 

Â