What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Richard Norris, Dub…. Yep sold!
Oracle Sounds Volume 2

Plain brown card sleeve. Not much point posting a picture, it would be very dull

6 Dub tracks.

Sort of leading up to the release of his new book and a book signing he’s doing towards the end of the month in a brewery in town followed by the return for one night only of the old Thursday Psyche night he used to do at The Bierkeller. the Hangout, where he won’t play this stuff at all :D 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Richard Norris, Dub…. Yep sold!
Oracle Sounds Volume 2

Plain brown card sleeve. Not much point posting a picture, it would be very dull

6 Dub tracks.

Sort of leading up to the release of his new book and a book signing he’s doing towards the end of the month in a brewery in town followed by the return for one night only of the old Thursday Psyche night he used to do at The Bierkeller. the Hangout, where he won’t play this stuff at all :D 

I’d nearly posted a few days ago about the sheer quantity of output from him, and the accompanying tsunami of emails and notifications from Bandcamp and the like to tell me he’s released another thing.

Then this one popped up in yet another Norris notification, and I was grateful for the tip off, so decided not to grumble.

• Like 1

The world has turned inside out. I’m listening to this because… the missus bought it herself, she bought an album, the missus actually shelled out money for a record. She’s also coming to all the gigs I currently have tickets for. 
At least she bought a great album but if she thinks for one minute Qu**n are getting brought into the house she can do one.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

It has now been decreed that we must listen to BC Camplight so she can recognise the songs at the gig this week.

BC Camplight - Shortly After Takeoff

image.jpeg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

The world has turned inside out. I’m listening to this because… the missus bought it herself, she bought an album, the missus actually shelled out money for a record. She’s also coming to all the gigs I currently have tickets for. 
At least she bought a great album but if she thinks for one minute Qu**n are getting brought into the house she can do one.

image.jpeg

It's a faultless album, it even appeals to people who complain in non music threads that someone mentioned music. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It's a faultless album, it even appeals to people who complain in non music threads that someone mentioned music. 

I completely agree

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

And on we move. More BC Camplight. It’s not like I’ve not got new albums to play :D 

image.jpeg

His most recent album is a bit of a cracker too! 

Anyway, on to one of mine…I took a punt on this

Astrel K - The Foreign Department.

Ex-Frontman of Ulrika Spacek, his second solo album. It’s a bit of melancholy pop, shades of lots of things but I'm getting High Llamas and Mercury Rev. It’s a breakup album but the sort that you’d listen to in a nice relaxing warm bath with subdued lighting

It'll probably go completely under the radar but it’s actually very good. Much better than Ulrika Spacek, who I kinda like but this is a couple of levels up from that, much more polished with string arrangements at the like. Very well (self) produced

a2132518089_16.jpg

We've got Pulp on again. “I want my record on”

This is going to become a thing. She already needs more records for my sanity.

On the upside, Xmas and Birthdays just got easier :D 

• Haha 1

spacer.png

It was Libertino that had last year’s Welsh Music Prize winner, Rogue Jones.

I think there’s a very good chance this early in the year they’ve done it again with Angharad.

Edited by chrisp65

Â