What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can of discogs worms more like. 7 tracks and discogs currently calls it an LP but also a Mixtape :D

Potential bunfight that might be worth watching just to see what happens whena random collection of anal retentives have a disagreement

Yes it was 7 tracks upon checking. 7 tracks on an album by the orb or the aphex twin, you know what you are getting. Griff, and again I state it's a good album, it's 20 minutes long. Still, it's getting played again as I speak so I must be ok with it. 

@bickster shade of yellow. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Based on nothing but the cover art I picked this up in Worcester today.

First two tracks, oh dear, I spaffed a tenner on genuine rubbish…

…then it sort of got better, track by track.

It was (apparently, after a google) a proper one man band home produced record, not unlike Space Lady, but original material in ‘81 on 70’s Korg kit.

I nearly never played it beyond those first two tracks. Still not gonna be a top 10, but hey, its also not being launched over the garage in to the lane.

• Haha 1

On 15/07/2022 at 03:47, Seat68 said:

Griff - One Foot In Front of The Other. 

IMG_20220715_114503_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg.0556784e4b5e50a5a7d98d592c0d0479.jpg

This is a good album but it is very very short. 6 tracks in total, 6 very good tracks but 6 not particularly long tracks. 

• Like 1

Sorting the old tinnitus riiiiight out with this at volume.

spacer.png

Others in the house have conceded its for medical reasons and have retreated to the other room for some Bridgerton.

• Haha 1

New Jamie T record out today, enjoying it, on my third listen now. Like the opening track and the second side the most so far. Interested to see how it is live - got tickets for his acoustic tour in August and the normal gig in November.

• Like 1

So in a moment of madnees last month I joined the Castles In Space label's subscription service for £15 a month

A Label of electronic artists producing library music, modern kosmiche, imaginary film music etc

And the first package they've sent me I finally got hold of today,  including the introductory bonuses there's 4 albums (one a double) and a 7" single. I've only paid them two months so far, not bad for £30

Everything is superbly packaged, coloured vinyl and comes in protective sleeves of one description or other. Usually they also contain a booklet with pictures to give you a greater sense of the concept. I'm really quite impressed by the whole concept

First one I'm listening to is by Everyday Dust - Deadham Ridge (Original Soundtrack)

"A scientific team is exploring the vast network of tunnels in the ice caves of Deadham Ridge, British Columbia, but their survey takes an unexpected turn with the discovery of strange and eerily large insect eggs in the icy chambers. A laboratory is set up but the examination is soon cut short. A colossal landslide has trapped the expedition deep in the labyrinth of caves. It's bad timing - the inhabitants of the eggs are beginning to wake from their icy slumber..."

NTgtOTk3NC5qcGVn.jpeg

Â