What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 29/06/2022 at 12:04, Lichfield Dean said:

Got this Rega Planar 1 on offer. It's ultimately going to be my birthday present, so it'll get packed away after this for a few months. But I'm trying it out with the only record I currently own. It sounds really good!

IMG_29062022_170224_(1080_x_955_pixel).thumb.jpg.596b1ad8ca93ce9e2186ff73e337fabb.jpg

I remember my stoned college roommates playing this over and over and over and over lol ... Tis a great one. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

For anyone who likes synth driven post-punk... Automatic. LA based all female trio, one of whom is the daughter of Kevin Haskins, the drummer in Bauhaus

This is their second album. Excess. The sound has expanded a little from their debut album Signal which was simple in its composition and the influences were very obvious. This seems like they've learned a lot and moved on

Closest UK band I can think of right now is Stealing Sheep.

OTgtODgwOS5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

I’ve had these, the ‘original’ series on CD for quite a few years as they were unavailable on vinyl. They’re still listed as out of stock on the shop website, but in the shop, they had a couple.

So, not something I’d have spent my own money on, but as a thank you for being the driver, well worth picking up the two double albums that make up volume 1.

I now have 1A, 1B, 3, and 4 on vinyl and that’s where I’ll leave it. Just to be annoying. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve had these, the ‘original’ series on CD for quite a few years as they were unavailable on vinyl. They’re still listed as out of stock on the shop website, but in the shop, they had a couple.

So, not something I’d have spent my own money on, but as a thank you for being the driver, well worth picking up the two double albums that make up volume 1.

I now have 1A, 1B, 3, and 4 on vinyl and that’s where I’ll leave it. Just to be annoying. 

spacer.png

These are the ones I don't have. 1A and 1B. I have 2 onwards

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Bargain bin, er, bargain.

£12 and its a lovely end of evening relaxed indie pop psych folk synth sort of thing. A sort of a taster record for the Fire label.

spacer.png

I've got that. Bought it for just over a tenner (I forget how much)in the Rough Trade sale just after Xmas. It's a nice listen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

I've got that. Bought it for just over a tenner (I forget how much)in the Rough Trade sale just after Xmas. It's a nice listen.

I didn’t get any choice in the matter, I was told I had to take something from the odds n sods bin to help tidy up stock, and then got handed it.

• Haha 1

I bought this yesterday. It's only available on CD

Lee Scratch Perry presents The Full Experience

MTMtMzYzOS5qcGVn.jpeg

The Full Experience were a female vocal trio popular in the Roots era of Jamaican Reggae. Recorded by LSP at his Black Ark Studio a lot of this took years to actually surface a lot of this is very much in the Lovers Rock vein

This CD has Candy McKenzie or Aurelia Lewis on Lead Vocals, presumably the other member of the trio Pamela Reed also had tracks but they may have gone up in flames in the Black Ark I guess

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

I bought this yesterday. It's only available on CD

Lee Scratch Perry presents The Full Experience

MTMtMzYzOS5qcGVn.jpeg

The Full Experience were a female vocal trio popular in the Roots era of Jamaican Reggae. Recorded by LSP at his Black Ark Studio a lot of this took years to actually surface a lot of this is very much in the Lovers Rock vein

This CD has Candy McKenzie or Aurelia Lewis on Lead Vocals, presumably the other member of the trio Pamela Reed also had tracks but they may have gone up in flames in the Black Ark I guess

I find it quite disconcerting that he’s still tweets.

• Haha 1

spacer.png

All the toys, gatefold, download, lyric sheet, unfeasibly large fold out poster, heavy duty plastic sleeve.

Happily, two tracks in to the first listen it also appears to be a decent record.

• Like 3

Â