What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

And now I've got a new stylus. this doesn't sound shit like it did on Tuesday, it's in perfect condition.

Missed buying this 5 years ago when it came out, bought it second hand at the weekend.

The reformed shoegazers Slowdive with the album they named after themselves

NTItNDE4Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 2

On 16/08/2022 at 21:57, bickster said:

Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band - Dear Scott

Former Pale Fountains / Shack frontman's second album with his latest band

If you don't know of him, it's a hell of a story of missed opportunities, total f*** ups, drug addiction and just sheer bad luck. I know Mick, I used to play football with him, move in the same circles etc in the 80s & 90s, a nicer man you'll never meet. Also the missus was in his class in junior and senior school. But anyway, his new album is great, fairly typical lovely personal songwriting and melodies but you can really hear the influence of Bill Ryder-Jones on production duties in the overall sound.

I actually think @mjmooney should give this one a go

ODctMTk3NC5qcGVn.jpeg

Michale Head is one of the lost treasures of British songwriting in my humble opinion. The Fale Fountains were great, as were Shack and I look forward to getting that album ASAP. He deserves to be far better known than he actually is, but as you say he's had a lot of bad luck, although to be fair probably mostly self inflicted.

• Like 1

Back from my hols so needed some new music

first off is Oog Bogo - Plastic (Kevin Boog is the bass player with The Meatbodies and the album was produced by Ty Segall) 

image.jpeg.058ae620d9eaa09bdd9a378daac078a6.jpeg

Next up is Osees - A Foul Form

image.jpeg.cf8903f7ab70922d7df8659b6863342a.jpeg

And finally, Kiwi Jr - Chopper

image.jpeg.a65208c5364044c1fc411d446a25c5cd.jpeg

Have also picked up a couple of decent singles - 

Melin Melyn - Hold The Line (very SFA/Euros Child welsh band), Harks - Nightmare On Slater Street (Used to be Sallow Pillow a liverpool band I saw several times a few years back) and Jawny (Ft Beck) - Take It Back

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Next up is Osees - A Foul Form

I bought this on Tuesday and it's still unsealed (due to stylus issues). I did play it once through on Spotify though. It's very Punk, which is good as it means Dwyer is out of the Prog Hole

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Nightmare On Slater Street (Used to be Sallow Pillow a liverpool band I saw several times a few years back)

Thats a name change for the better.

I'll give the others a go over the weekend :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Get thee down the walk-in centre, you're obviously ill :D

Bought for me by my offspring, trying to widen my interests no doubt.

• Like 1

Â