What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Everyone's favourite French Psyche combo have released a career spanning retrospective compilation - Electrified (What do you mean that you've never heard of them, shame on you!). It Spans their career from start to Present Day (and before)

There's a standard double album and a very limited edition Orange vinyl triple album, the third disc being taken up with one side of 'rarities' and the other side has 7 tracks from Les Bellas, Lionel and Marie Liminana's group before The Liminanas

I have the three record set as it's the third record that interests me most.

MDktMjkzMi5qcGVn.jpeg

Definitely one of my favourite bands

• Like 1

About halfway through Darker Still by Parkway Drive, and god damn, I'm disappointed.

I'm going to see them in a month and it was my most anticipated gig of the year, but I hope they don't play much of their new shit. Haven't seen such a shift in tone from a band in ages.

Should finish the album before locking in my opinion, but it's hard work.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

About halfway through Darker Still by Parkway Drive, and god damn, I'm disappointed.

I'm going to see them in a month and it was my most anticipated gig of the year, but I hope they don't play much of their new shit. Haven't seen such a shift in tone from a band in ages.

Should finish the album before locking in my opinion, but it's hard work.

Parkway Drive in 2022 though? Expectations couldn't have been mile high exactly.

Hope for the past bangers and enjoy the show!

15 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Parkway Drive in 2022 though? Expectations couldn't have been mile high exactly.

Hope for the past bangers and enjoy the show!

I don't know, Reverence had gone a bit softer, but it had some great tracks around the piratecore. Ire is probably my favourite album as the earlier ones were a bit too rough, but there will be some fans of the first couple that think that's sacrilege I guess, so I'll wind in my inner metal-hipster :D 

I haven't finished this album yet, got about halfway and was unimpressed, then got to "If a God Can Bleed" which is just indescribably bad.

Just read it described as an album from the Australian FFDP and it hurts, but it's true. Oh well, plenty of newer exciting bands out there!

Edited by Davkaus

On 16/08/2022 at 21:57, bickster said:

Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band - Dear Scott

Former Pale Fountains / Shack frontman's second album with his latest band

If you don't know of him, it's a hell of a story of missed opportunities, total f*** ups, drug addiction and just sheer bad luck. I know Mick, I used to play football with him, move in the same circles etc in the 80s & 90s, a nicer man you'll never meet. Also the missus was in his class in junior and senior school. But anyway, his new album is great, fairly typical lovely personal songwriting and melodies but you can really hear the influence of Bill Ryder-Jones on production duties in the overall sound.

I actually think @mjmooney should give this one a go

ODctMTk3NC5qcGVn.jpeg

Very Richard Hawley - not bad at all for a Sunday morning listen 

• Like 1

Now I'm onto this which has been out a while but is very unlike Stealing Sheeps usual pop material. I heard bits of it the other day and realised it was right up my street

This is a reimagined new soundtrack to the 1973 French cult sci-fi animation movie La Planete Sauvage

Oh I forgot the best bit, it's Stealing Sheep & The Radiophonic Workshop

Very much in the same vein as the library music of Castles in Space

NzMtOTA3OC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 2

Stereolab - Pulse of the Early Brain (Switched on Vol 5)

Latest in the Stereolab retrospective compilations. Bought for the two tracks on here done in collaboration with Nurse with Wound which are both superb and must haves for fans of stereo separation.

There's other Stereolab goodness contained within two but those two tracks which comprise the first disc are my justification for buying this

MzctNjIwNi5qcGVn.jpeg

Â