What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

All the toys, gatefold, download, lyric sheet, unfeasibly large fold out poster, heavy duty plastic sleeve.

Happily, two tracks in to the first listen it also appears to be a decent record.

Yep. I got the CD. She’d signed it for me (or whoever bought it off her bandcamp, which was me).

B27A247A-CE4C-4DF6-8DF5-78DCB07134BB.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

New Katy J Pearson - Sound Of The Morning is very good on first listen

I've heard a few tracks off it and am tempted.

• Like 1

Got a few of these, Warner Brothers Loss Leaders compilation LPs.

They used to sell single albums for a dollar and doubles for two dollars to get people interested in the artists.

A very diverse collection of stuff, great to listen to.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Got a few of these, Warner Brothers Loss Leaders compilation LPs.

They used to sell single albums for a dollar and doubles for two dollars to get people interested in the artists.

A very diverse collection of stuff, great to listen to.

spacer.png

I have loads of Independent label ones. I’m a big fan of the label sampler

• Like 1

On 08/07/2022 at 09:50, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

All the toys, gatefold, download, lyric sheet, unfeasibly large fold out poster, heavy duty plastic sleeve.

Happily, two tracks in to the first listen it also appears to be a decent record.

Bought this today, no lyric sheet in mine though but as Cornish isn't one of my languages I'll live. Got the poster just no lyrics

FIrst listen and it's very nice and right up one of my streets

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, blandy said:

Never heard of them, but they’re like quite the Lucid Dream, judging by the YouTube track. 👍

They were described to me as part of the current Irish Indie Rock thing, but with a bit of Krautrock thrown in, and I’m an absolute sucker for some driven motorik repetition. So I listened to one track and ordered a copy on the strength of that. On a first listen, It’s Trees Speak but without the noodling prog rock pretentiousness. Which is a good thing.

Ireland very poorly represented to date in my little collection. Perhaps a Sinead OConnor CD and a best of Undertones. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m an absolute sucker for some driven motorik repetition.

Yeah, you can say that again. Du kanst das wieder sagen. Sag es nochmal eins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I was listening to that there new Kosmische compilation and one of the standout tracks for me is News by Moebius & Plank. I look on the back and its from their album Rastakraut Pasta which was originally released in 1980. I'm already aware of this album, I used to have a CDr of it somewhere in the past. Anywhoooo. Curiosity got the better of me and I looked on Discogs. Two copies of the 2010 180g repress in the UK. One is Mint and unopened and its from Juno Records who I've dealt with in the past for HiFi bits and pieces. I was about to buy it from that Discogs but I just sort of thought, you already have an account with them, probably easier to do it through the website. The album price was the same but the P&P was £1.10 cheaper from their own website, so presumably thats how they recover the Discogs fee

Anyway, the track in question

and if they hadn't been listening to the Sensational Alex Harvey Band when they did this track I'd be amazed

• Like 1

Griff - One Foot In Front of The Other. 

IMG_20220715_114503_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg.0556784e4b5e50a5a7d98d592c0d0479.jpg

This is a good album but it is very very short. 6 tracks in total, 6 very good tracks but 6 not particularly long tracks. 

Edited by Seat68

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Does that technically make it an EP?

I just like looking at your junk and getting turntable envy.

It was over far too quickly, but very good in an intelligent pop way. 

• Like 1

Â