What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

welsh-rare-beat.jpgwelsh-rare-beat-2.jpg

a bit random, but worth a listen if you're ok with a bit of psych folk nonesense

I have a copy of that, it's well good. Especially the bizarre 1970s snippet at the beginning.

"Lots of people come to the Eisteddfod for many reasons. Laughter, excitement and to make lots of new friends"

They are actually very good, ignore the fact that "the NME said so". If they had it their way, the only album in the world would be OK Computer and the only single some hipster cack from 5 minutes ago. The first album by them is a stunning slice of baggy psyche indie

i saw some other review scores (88 on metacritic, not a single bad review) and went and got

its **** dross, absolutely terrible and i really dont get it, one review i read said it was "lennonesque" im obviously listening to a different john lennon

I have no idea what "Lennonesque" rubbish is, but if it's not your cup of tea then it's not. Everything is subjective in the end - for instance I don't get why so many people are creaming themselves over Fleet Foxes. They were so bloody dull I had to switch off the album

i saw some other review scores (88 on metacritic, not a single bad review) and went and got

its **** dross, absolutely terrible and i really dont get it, one review i read said it was "lennonesque" im obviously listening to a different john lennon

The first album is looooovely, but you have to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy it I think. It's one of my favourite albums, but it's not something I can listen to all the time.

for instance I don't get why so many people are creaming themselves over Fleet Foxes. They were so bloody dull I had to switch off the album

yeah another one i picked up after some great reviews, probably about 4 decent songs on 2 albums and an EP IMO

Haven't put Billy Joel's Piano Man on in years... It's a lot better than I remember.

The title track, though, is still one of the most overrated songs of all time.

I quite like the title track. Very patchy, is Joel. At his best he was superb (I particularly like New York State of Mind), but was also capable of some mind-numbing dross.

Selective mixtape (media of your choice) is the way to go.

Â