What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - Blood Lust.

These guys sound proper space rock/acid garage retro. Can't believe they're playing down the road in The Garage in Highbury & Islington in March and the fecking gig has sold out already.

They're being supported by Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell. Should be a great gig. Nearly bought tickets in November, couldn't commit cos of the job situation.

I believe it's where they got their name from. I thought someone would get it :(

There was a bit of a 10cc love in going on, wasn't going to get involved.

^_^

Don't mind them at all.

I believe it's where they got their name from. I thought someone would get it :(

I got it. See also: The Lovin Spoonful, Pearl Jam and Thin White Rope.

Been plundering the HMV Everything Must Go sale. Dylan, Rodney Crowell, Bob Wills, Allen Toussaint, Porcupine Tree, Gerry Mulligan, Richard Hawley, Jesus and Mary Chain and er... Frampton Comes Alive. :P

Frampton, not surprised.

Hadn't really thought you as a J&MC sort of guy though.

Actually I surprised myself with the Frampton. Although I was a big fan of his work with The Herd and Humble Pie, I never bought FCI back in the day, just because everybody and his dog DID. I just thought, oh what the hell, for a fiver, I'll have the CD. Might get played a couple of times.

JAMC? Well I quite liked a few things I heard when they were around - and again, for a fiver, why not?

Impulse purchases from knockdown sales are different from regular buying.

Which reminds me, first complete play for...

alvarius-b-baroque-primitiva1.jpg

Alvarius B - 'Baroque Primitiva'

hmmm Lo Fi... it was cheap, £1.40.

'You Only Live Twice'

It's going between meh and ok.

Cover's good though.

The cover would be awesome if they'd all have shaved their clunges

Synths? Very little, beyond the odd token Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream. "Gandharva" by Beaver and Krause (vinyl only). Bit of Walter/Wendy Carlos.

I prefer synths used in the context of guitar bands, really. Particularly like what Joe Walsh (and then Pete Townshend) did with ARPs in the early 70s.

Edited by mjmooney

Bargain bin one track wonders:

Buffalo Springfield. Bought it for 'For What It's Worth' and it is the only worthwhile track on there. ah well, sometimes you find a gem.

The first album? Yep, pretty much a one-song wonder.

But the second album - "Buffalo Springfield Again" - is a belter.

Â