What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

He's the self-important dick that attempted to spearhead a New Romantic revival in the 90s.

Way too soon, It failed utterly.

ha ha, he did indeed

he's certainly an acquired taste, but I have to confess, he's a home town boy and I've always found him thoroughly approachable and ready to chat

We organised a fund raiser for the local footy team and he came along in the biggest stack heels I've ever seen, olde style aviation goggles, red spiked hair and glitter on his face. I was the only bugger that would talk to him.

He won me a bet at a super Furry gig at the Royal Festival Hall by gamefully pretending we were big loved up mates in front of the people I was with.

I can only speak as I find, so he's ok by me.

HAha, Danny used to work for me as a DJ. Last time I saw him he was so up his own arse he ignored me. Grade A knobber!

There aren't many lp's / cd's I've ever bought and not liked a single thing about it.

Though strangely I've recently realised I've still got it. Most truly bad stuff ends up out of the window and on the magic roundabout on the way to the office.

Which brings me neatly to my new shocking discovery, page 1 rules of the game: '....not in the car'

Why not??????

What if you're in the car for 4 hours at a stretch, the car is really serenely peacefully quiet, the stereo really good (the first owner paid extra for speakers everywhere except behind the petrol filler flap) and you have an automatic with cruise? Ideal listening environment surely?

There's another thread that predates this one for albums in the car.

;)

As about 90% of my CD listening is in the car, that's the one I used to use. But that thread seems to have fallen into low usage, so I just use this one instead. Technically, I'm rarely listening to an album while on VT. Although funnily enough I actually am right now - Santana Live at the Fillmore 1968.

I think what I'm going to do is carry on listening in the car, then (and this is the clever bit), tell you lot I was listening to it in my chillout hammock in my home recording studio next to the stereogram. YOU AIN'T GONNA KNOW!

'kin devious genious.

Anyway, earlier today I was in my hammock listening to

moonwalk.jpg

and it was fantastic

when the weakest track is by the Ethiopians you know you've got a gem.

After all the mentions on here, I just had a first listen to Tame Impala.

Well, yes, quite good, in a recycled Beatles/Floyd psychedelia kind of way. Not good enough to spend money on, though.

Coldcut-JourneysByDJ70MinutesOfMadn.jpg

Nearly sent it to you a couple of times, hope you liked the alternatives better.

:)

Oh, I like it, I like it. Just not THAT much. :)

Still checking out the alternatives.

Which album, Mike?

Oh, just a random selection from YouTube.

Trouble with being an old fart like me is that all new music either (a) sounds nothing like The Old Stuff (and is therefore outside my comfort zone), or (B) DOES sound like The Old Stuff (and is therefore fairly pointless, as I already have the old stuff). There are exceptions, but 90% of what I hear falls into one of those two categories.

The most excitement I get is when I discover some New Old Stuff... :)

Oh, I like it, I like it. Just not THAT much. :)

Still checking out the alternatives.

Oh, just a random selection from YouTube.

Trouble with being an old fart like me is that all new music either (a) sounds nothing like The Old Stuff (and is therefore outside my comfort zone), or (b ) DOES sound like The Old Stuff (and is therefore fairly pointless, as I already have the old stuff). There are exceptions, but 90% of what I hear falls into one of those two categories.

The most excitement I get is when I discover some New Old Stuff... :)

Â