What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Got this a few days ago, and it's now in my ca .... hammock, next to the digital recoring studio.

micachu-never.jpg

superb stuff. Quite 'experimental'. I particularly like the use of the hoover at the end of track 1.

The most excitement I get is when I discover some New Old Stuff... :)

Speaking of which, about 6 months ago, I discovered this gem:

41KV5PK8F7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and i've been listening to it a fair bit in my work hammock

0001977639_500.jpg

My copy arrived today, nice bit of listening after a day on a course for Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children

godspeedallelujah.jpg

New Godspeed You! Black Emperor album.

Brilliant as usual.

Oh yes posted about this a while back, the day after it was released at a gig. Mladic is an unbelievably powerful track

Has anyone listened to this?

DIIV-Oshin.jpg

Fantastic album! Very atmospheric with that New York sound. Sounds really fresh too. Heard them on 6 music and cant stop listening to the album now...

Here's one of my favourite tracks from the album if anyone is interested in giving them a go...

• Like 1

DIIV-Oshin.jpg

Fantastic album! Very atmospheric with that New York sound. Sounds really fresh too. Heard them on 6 music and cant stop listening to the album now...

Here's one of my favourite tracks from the album if anyone is interested in giving them a go...

Yes - very good album!

If you like that - check out the following:

Lotus Plaza - Spooky Action At A Distance

Divine Fits - A Thing Called Divine Fits

The Sea & Cake - Runner

Yeti Lane - The Echo Show

The Crystal Stilts - In Love With Oblivion

• Like 1

I've done quite well off this page.

DIIV-Oshin.jpeg

Thanks to you, my pastry-faced chum; having previously never heard of said band, after listening to that track I was compelled to buy the album. After giving it it's first play through last night, it is absolutely fantastic. :thumb:

godspeedallelujah.jpg

New Godspeed You! Black Emperor album.

Brilliant as usual.

Thanks for reminding me I needed to get this. :thumb:

Yes - very good album!

If you like that - check out the following:

Lotus Plaza - Spooky Action At A Distance

Divine Fits - A Thing Called Divine Fits

The Sea & Cake - Runner

Yeti Lane - The Echo Show

The Crystal Stilts - In Love With Oblivion

And thank you for that mini-shopping list. I was already partial to some Lotus Plaza and Yeti Lane and I didn't know either had a second album out. Though Divine Fits didn't do anything for me particularly, I very much liked what I listened to of The Sea And Cake (have yet to investigate Crystal Stilts, though on the basis of everything else I'm hoping I'll be on a winner there, too). :thumb:

Fine work, VT. B)

I've done quite well off this page.

Thanks to you, my pastry-faced chum; having previously never heard of said band, after listening to that track I was compelled to buy the album. After giving it it's first play through last night, it is absolutely fantastic. :thumb:

Thanks for reminding me I needed to get this. :thumb:

And thank you for that mini-shopping list. I was already partial to some Lotus Plaza and Yeti Lane and I didn't know either had a second album out. Though Divine Fits didn't do anything for me particularly, I very much liked what I listened to of The Sea And Cake (have yet to investigate Crystal Stilts, though on the basis of everything else I'm hoping I'll be on a winner there, too). :thumb:

Fine work, VT. B)

No problem Gareth! It's good to share band/album ideas on here - have snagged a few great listens from your previous recommendations, glad to have paid you back!

Â