What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

'The Colour of Spring'

Engineered by Phill Brown.

It wasn't an easy birth, but it's a production tour de force.

There's a chapter on it in ...

o0ar84.jpg

Tama Impala - Innerspeaker.

Can't stop listening to it, it's just simply brilliant.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll follow it.

Haven't been able to get into Given To The Wild. Wall Of Arms for me was just brilliant, trumped Colour It In too which is one of my favourite albums.

Really, first listen had me hooked which is rare for me! I'm going to go back and listen to the other albums and give them a chance.

259g4m0.jpg

Ugly Custard - 'Ugly Custard'

Alan Parker (gtr), Roger Coulam (org), Herbie Flowers (bass) & Clem Cattini (drum)

Groovy instro album made by a band comprising of quality Brit session musicians. Sort of a follow up to the Mohawks' 'The Champ' earlier in the thread.

Clem Cattini played on 'Shakin' All Over' by Johnny Kidd & the Pirates, then went on to work with Joe Meek to record 'Telstar'. Apparently he's played on more number 1 records than any other musician.

Herbie Flowers played that bass line on 'Walk On The Wild Side'.

They made lots of library stuff too, still popular on films and telly now.

Clem Cattini played on 'Shakin' All Over' by Johnny Kidd & the Pirates, then went on to work with Joe Meek to record 'Telstar'. Apparently he's played on more number 1 records than any other musician.
Yep. I'd have thought it would be a close thing between him, Herbie Flowers and Big Jim Sullivan.

In the US, Carol Kaye would be in with a shout.

Gould was a gibbering looney, in the best possible way.

(PJ Harvey)... Incredibly underated artist.

She'd get nominated for a Grammy if she dropped a banjo down the stairs.

:)

neutral_milk_hotel_-_in_the_aeroplane_over_the_sea.jpg

must admit i panicked during the start of the second song (those that know it will understand) but i get it now.

I Looove you Jesus Chriiiiiiiiist.

Jeeeeeesuuus Chriiiist I Looove Youu, yes I dooooo.

Absolutely incredible album, still blows me away and I've listened to it dozens of times. Oh Comely and Two Headed Boy Part Two are songwriting masterclasses.

I'm currently listening to...

zphg7.jpg

It's a fantastic album, reminds me a little of 'In The Aeroplane Over The Sea' actually, check it out if you like that album.

Â