What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Enjoying Noel Gallaghers debut solo album.

:thumb: Me too...I burned into onto a CD to play in the work's van last week (And yes I know it was only released yesterday or something :winkold: )

Everbody's on the run is superb*.

* Superb is a registered trademark of SGC.

His voice sounds like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car

One of my favourite voices in all of music.

Feel like im preaching to the wrong crowd in here but those who prefer their music a bit more mainstream and poppy should give the new Blink-182 album a listen.

Anyone with foolish pre-conceived 'nothing but immature poop joke songs' notions should keep them to yourselves. Its nothing like what they used to sound like and it appears they have grown up a lot, even more so than the last album which was itself was quite a departure from the norm.

A really, really great pop-punk album. Existing fans will already have listened but this is a heads up to the hesitant few.

20i6rzo.jpg

It's a comp. Modern takes on the traditional British folk repertoire.

It has its fair share of olde instruments and harvest songs, but it also has synth led, multi-FXed dirges and other such weirdness. It's all over the place production wise, though I suppose that fits in with the folk mentality.

Bought it on recommendation. If I'd heard it first I might not have picked it up at all - but it's got something, and I don't own anything else quite like it.

Triple Tree -

I'm rather belatedly sitting down and listening to some Pink Floyd - over the last few weeks whilst reading and studying I've been going through some of the albums so far. Animals was great, Final Cut pretty good too, Ummagumma is delightfully bonkers.

Have mixed it up now and have put some Marillion on:

cover_546914102008.jpg

Â